its not working!

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
ferdie
Private

its not working!

Post by ferdie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:03 pm

for some reason hidden and dangerous 2 has decided to not load up. when i try to load it a thing comes up saying "bad version - engine:543 client:559" it started to happen after i installed patch1.12 from take 2. what does this mean and how can i get rid of it? ps, i'm a little annoyed as i'm just about to start the last mission! :cry: [/img][/quote]

Alexander
Captain

its not working!

Post by Alexander » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:46 pm

just copy your save file and reinstall the entire game... if THAT doesnt help ... then ... well... i dunno :P
Rendevouz with destiny!

ferdie
Private

its not working!

Post by ferdie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:51 pm

thankyou, but i don't know how to do that?

Malefactor
Private

its not working!

Post by Malefactor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:51 pm

I had the exact same problem last week. :(

I had a problem with the mpmaplist.txt file,and it would not display the missions from the unofficial map pack when creating a server and my back-up mpmaplist.txt would not display the missions either.So,I decided to do the uninstall/reinstall thing.I found I was unable to remove the 1.12SSquad patch as the uninstall entry was screwed up somehow.I decided to go ahead and re-install anyway.

After I had the game back on my PC,patched with extra co-op missions in place,I tried to start up the game and got that bad version - engine:543 client:559 error message. :?

So,I uninstalled everything once again.This time I was able to remove the 1.12 SSquad patch.
After that last reinstall,the game has worked just fine,with no repeats of the error. :)

Jason
Administrator

its not working!

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:34 am

FIRST you must back up your saved games. Go to my computer, C drive, Program files, Illusion Softworks, H&D2 then right click the "PlayersProfiles" folder and paste it on your desktop.

To uninstall Hidden & Dangerous 2 click the start button. Go to the programs list. It should have a "Illusion Softworks" folder, in the folder should be one or two sub-folders named H&D2 and Sabre Squadron. If you have SS installed, uninstall it first. When they have both been uninstalled. If there is still a "Hidden & Dangerous 2" folder under C drive, programs folder, Illusion Softworks then delete it. Restart your computer then install the game again.

Hope that wasn't too confusing :?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

ferdie
Private

its not working!

Post by ferdie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:44 pm

thanks jason, it worked.