Introduction, and One Problem (4/13/20)

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
andoodle
Private

Introduction, and One Problem (4/13/20)

Unread post by andoodle » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 am

Hello, everyone.

Sorry to disturb every one of you, and I apologize if I am making a bad first impression, but months ago (on November of 2019), I had signed up onto these forums, since I had heard that Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe was being overhauled in terms of accuracy years after it was released by Take Two Interactive and made available for free on this website as a way to promote Hidden and Dangerous 2. So, it is good to be a member, albeit a rookie, here. One disadvantage that I have is that, unlike certain members contributing to the overhaul (or ultimate) project, I am not very good at converting, for this game, the models and textures that came from other first-person-shooter games that were set during the days of World War II (such as Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and its expansion packs, as well as certain Call of Duty computer games that were set in World War II), so I might not be of much help in the contribution, and I do what I do best and leave it to the professionals.

Now then, there is one problem that I have when playing the game after installing the files that were made as part of the overhaul project, and I do not know where this should go. The one problem that I have at this time is that whenever I start the second mission in Yugoslavia (I personally play as one commando; after all, I am, as is the case in Hidden and Dangerous 2, a lone wolf), I keep falling through the ground (that is in the form of a stone road or street) and dying during the fall, thus forcing me, against my will, into the "mission failure" screen. Since then, I stopped playing the game until a solution is made to rectify this bug/glitch.

Sorry for making a long post, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest while introducing myself first. Thank you for your time. Carry on.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Introduction, and One Problem (4/13/20)

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am

andoodle wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 am
Hello, everyone.

Sorry to disturb every one of you, and I apologize if I am making a bad first impression, but months ago (on November of 2019), I had signed up onto these forums, since I had heard that Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe was being overhauled in terms of accuracy years after it was released by Take Two Interactive and made available for free on this website as a way to promote Hidden and Dangerous 2. So, it is good to be a member, albeit a rookie, here. One disadvantage that I have is that, unlike certain members contributing to the overhaul (or ultimate) project, I am not very good at converting, for this game, the models and textures that came from other first-person-shooter games that were set during the days of World War II (such as Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and its expansion packs, as well as certain Call of Duty computer games that were set in World War II), so I might not be of much help in the contribution, and I do what I do best and leave it to the professionals.

Now then, there is one problem that I have when playing the game after installing the files that were made as part of the overhaul project, and I do not know where this should go. The one problem that I have at this time is that whenever I start the second mission in Yugoslavia (I personally play as one commando; after all, I am, as is the case in Hidden and Dangerous 2, a lone wolf), I keep falling through the ground (that is in the form of a stone road or street) and dying during the fall, thus forcing me, against my will, into the "mission failure" screen. Since then, I stopped playing the game until a solution is made to rectify this bug/glitch.

Sorry for making a long post, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest while introducing myself first. Thank you for your time. Carry on.
Welcome to the H&D forums andoodle! thup01

The Danube 2 mission was edited by me numerous times, maybe you use an old version and you are missing some custom models (this is the main cause of the "fall through the ground" bug in H&D Deluxe).

Try this mod instead: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

It was updated by me recently and the Danube 2 mission in it works OK as far as i know. See picture below.
Attachments
Picture from Velke Gradiste #1.png
Picture from Velke Gradiste #1.png (898.37 KiB) Viewed 9604 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

andoodle
Private

Unread post by andoodle » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Mr. p.jakub88, I have downloaded the latest version of the mod, and I installed it. Unfortunately, I do not think that I can hear anything in that game, not even when I select my profile before going into the main menu.

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong thread, but I needed to bring it to your attention. Thanks again.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:20 pm

andoodle wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Mr. p.jakub88, I have downloaded the latest version of the mod, and I installed it. Unfortunately, I do not think that I can hear anything in that game, not even when I select my profile before going into the main menu.

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong thread, but I needed to bring it to your attention. Thanks again.
That is not a bug. I removed the main menu music deliberately.

You could download a music mod from Mod DB to have the classic H&D audio tracks in game: https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dang ... -music-mod
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.