Recreating Hidden & Dangerous

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
James
Corporal

Re: Recreating Hidden & Dangerous

Unread post by James » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks finnlayer!

cypher2012
Private

Unread post by cypher2012 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi guys,

I have launched an Open H&D project. I've kicked of the project in Blender game engine.

If you would like to know more, I have started a work in progress thread on one of Blenders main forums:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... -Dangarous

My main focus will the the behind the scenes programming of the game as well as the design. However, I need passionate players like yourselves to help mould the game.

Lets make this a reality!

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:53 am

Another project ? H&D or H&D2 ?
Click Here !

James
Corporal

Unread post by James » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 am

Both.

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:12 pm

@James are you involved in the Open Hidden & Dangerous project (Blender)?

for me it looks like 2 seperate projects? Aren't you going to use CryEngine3 ?
Btw any progress yet? ;)

James
Corporal

Unread post by James » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:40 am

At this point we have not made much progress in concern to actual game development. I have been working with a few other people on my end to get together some concepts. We are hoping in October to contact a game developer to see if we can get things started. Whether or not we'll be using CryEngine 3, I cannot tell, it will also depend on the game developer we choose. Right now we're still just working on concepts. Furthermore, I thought everyone understood that one of the main concepts for the new Hidden & Dangerous was H&D and H&D 2 remastered and combined into one massive awesome war game. That is what our concepts on this end have been all about really. Unfortunately I don't think using other private game development platforms such as blender are really going to help us. Yes, we want a game for the people, but I think getting some professional assistance from actual game developers is what we really need. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone, but remember, the reason I brought up this topic on this forum, is because I wanted to know what you guys wanted in the new game, not really how to develop it. I thank you for your devotion and patience, and hopefully I will be bringing some good and exiting news in October. nods01

MCNAB
Private

Unread post by MCNAB » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:50 pm

man i miss these days
https://youtu.be/_FpVpf35eQY

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:31 pm

MCNAB wrote:man i miss these days
https://youtu.be/_FpVpf35eQY
*wipes tears*

Indeed!

James
Corporal

Unread post by James » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but it has turned out that the RAGE expo here in SA was a duzy, and we don't have a developer, and to further our setbacks, my PC decided to blow up, and I don't really have the funds to get a new one. Thankfully I've still been able to work on game concept design, and can gladly say that I have concluded all of the contents concepts, and am just focusing now on finishing up the game dialogue scripts. Since all the industries are closing down for Christmas, I'll only be able to contact game developers in the new year, which is actually a good thing, as it will give me time to wrapped up the pre-design phase. So hopefully some proper development will be underway in 2016. I'll be back then with more news. Enjoy the festive season!