Try this for an idea, Hidden & Dangerous 3 with Silent Hunte

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Downunderjock
Private

Try this for an idea, Hidden & Dangerous 3 with Silent Hunte

Unread post by Downunderjock » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:03 pm

This is what I would like to post. But not sure where it would fit, and I hope the group will not mind that, I was talking about Silent Hunter mainly. But I know that aspects of H&D missions would fit in, to both games. If it where possible to get them (the makers of both) together, now that would be a miracle.

I have also written on 2K games forum about the below, Ubi Soft Silent Hunter forum (plus Brothers in Arms.) and Sub Sim Forum.

And I forgot to mention, in some of the other Forums, that more Australian/ NZ content for H&D and SH eg: Coastwatchers missions, Z Force both WW2 and the like. Goggle them, you will see what I mean. Would be nice too, as we did have and SAS, Commandos groups, too.

Here we go:

Hope you all, will not mind this.

While writing to another site about "Brothers in Arms" as to why we haven't seen a follow on of the game of "Hell's Highway." And not that dammed Furious 4 thing they put out, or where going to put out. I suggested, while you wait, try the old game of "Hidden and Dangerous 2" and it's add on "Sabre Squadron" British SAS missions. (Would love it, if that group. would do another game, too.)

I would like to see SH 5 fixed up, too. And I would like see a SH 6, but as most of you, have mentioned only, If it is Totally bug free, not so kiddie like, good graphically an also you can move around your sub, like in SH 5.

Plus, yes, you can move about in US or Japanese Subs, too.

And I would like see, with missions, the Subs, of the other countries, of WW2. (Or, yes WW1 ,too.)

But, hold the phone. What about you switch over to Surface, ships (Cargo ship, too.) for their missions. (similar to Ship Sim Ex. though you can't switch ships.)

Or better still, have SH6 inter woven, with the group, who made "Hidden and Dangerous" or "Brothers in Arms" that is some missions, will start with the H&D characters, who (you become) train for the mission, then get driven to the Naval Docks, walk on board the Sub, your character, report to the Sub's Commander then, that part of the game is taken over by the SH 6 part of the game, which may include, his orders first, to go hunting. Then the Sub, Drops the H&D group off, at DZ, (which the game, switch's to the H&D characters.) who row a raft or a collapsible Kayak, to the land DZ, does their land mission, in H&D game play, then once completed, meets, with the Sub, (Flash Torch thingy) whether, it be Day or Night (I think that did happen.) good or not so good weather, as SH 6, would be like the past SH series. They row out again, board the Sub, report then, the SH 6 game would take over for the journey, home. Once home, the H&D characters, kick in again.

During WW2, there were mission, like this. One come's to mind, of the SBS (like the SAS.) Special Boat Squadron. To whom, one of their missions among others, was to land very carefully, on the proposed beach's for the D day landing, some months earlier. To, work out which beach was the safest, for men and tanks, to land on, after being unloaded, during the first battle stages and if it went well, then the follow on, would have been, all motor vehicles, men and supplies.

Plus they like the SAS and Commandos, harried, the Enemy, with Covert raids, along coastlines, via Sub, Ship with their Rafts and Kayaks, think Norway, too.
(Oh, I believe, in the Pacific region, similar.)

So, does that give anybody, an idea, for a SH 6??? With the blend of another, within.

Tell us, what you think. (And, no I an not Nut's either. Ha!)

yours

Downunderjock

jacobston
Lieutenant

I like the way you think!

Unread post by jacobston » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:07 pm

I like the way you think!

Only thing I would add would be a dynamic campaign.

Have you played Silent Hunter 3 or 4? first of all, you can get some really good warship mods for them (you can't "walk around", but you can get the free camera in the ship or on the deck and move around), but I really like the campaign structure of both of them.

What I personally would like to see, very similar to your idea, would be a game about the LRDG, with a campaign similar to that of SH3 or 4, but gameplay like in HD2. So, you have to get across enemy lines into a sector where you must patrol for enemy supply convoys, or destroy a target, or capture a person, etc. and then get back to friendly lines. you could gain renown points for destroying strategic targets, and you could spend them on things like vehicle upgrades (you could get something simple like a jeep and choose whether you want a twin lewis or a .50 cal. on the back, or one of the modified patrol trucks the LRDG used), weapons, or special stuff like enemy uniforms. Before each operation, you could select your team and equipment and opt to upgrade your vehicles.

Downunderjock
Private

Re: Try this for an idea, Hidden & Dangerous 3 with Silent H

Unread post by Downunderjock » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:24 am

Thanks jacobston.
Yes, nearly forgot about the LRDG, similar to the SAS.
Like I said a combination, of both Navy (Silent Hunter or Surface ship/Merchant ship involvement) and Army (H&D, BIA or similar. Commandos Strike Force, maybe.) with a bit of a storyline, either based on true accounts, or loosely based, like in BIA. But, not too silly. Or just as H&D wise.
Would be good.
But it seems that gaming companies, don't seem to be as interested, as they once were. It's more let's made shoot em up, arcade games, now. (even Ship Sim and Train Sim.)
Pity, we of the world, don't go on strike and buy no games, from anywhere for say a month or 12, etc. See what that would do to them??
I do play other sorts of games, over the eons. Not just WW2. some Sci Fi among other things. Though, I am not too up to date. Some would not be anyone's taste, now.
Have wanted to update my computer, but that will have to wait for the moment.
I err....! as someone who may be 40 plus, (yes, I am a big kid sometimes, silly me.) I, um..! am still not :oops: :oops: sure about Mods? or Modding. I wouldn't even know how to :-?
I hope you all, will not hold that me, too much.
Oh, Yes I have played SH 3, 4 and it's addon, currently SH 5, that I am :oops: :oops: to say, I am stuck in and I am going to have to fess up to Subsim group soon, for some help, Oh Boy now that is :oops: :oops:
Well, better go for the moment.
See Ya.

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 am

I know this is probably not useful but can anyone please tell me what this guy is on about?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfuWBRVog6c

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:36 pm

I don't know what he talks the more he's talking in Polish