H&D noCD for Win8

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

H&D noCD for Win8

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Ok, I have 64bit laptop and I'm trying to run H&D and DB games without the CD's since I have a slim machine without an internal disc drive. The programmes run perfectly however the exes from 1999 for no CD are running 16bit. They don't seem to be very cooperative; i.e. they produce error prompts. Any thoughts or perhaps are there newer versions of the exe's?

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Re: H&D noCD for Win8

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 pm

I've been tinkering with it and thought clarification would be useful. Both games have been patched and are running the 1.3 versions. The Game copy world no CD executables are seemingly straightforward, however I am having issues.

I'm downloading FFF (US) no CD key. I open the zip, copy and paste it to the Devil's Bridge install folder. I overwrite and then click the exe and it prompts me for the CD. :roll:

Also, GCW has the (ENGLISH) no CD for the original H&D with the 1.1 patch. I doubt this would work considering mine is running the 1.3.

I am continuing to work on it but what appreciate any advice from those perhaps running no CD patches for these original titles on current gen machines.

I've got a Sabre Squadron no CD exe running perfectly btw

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Well I've been learning a few things today. Apparently I was unaware of the differences between No-CD, No-CD/Fixed Exe or Fixed Exe. I thought the fixed exes were part of a systemic process from the original nocd patch. Obviously this not the case and I have been copy and pasting the H&D FFF US fixed exe in futility lol. Defined as such, there is no Devil's Bridge no CD exe patch as far as I'm privy.

And the original H&D1 only has v1.1 nocd which isn't helpful for my 1.3 version. Sorry if this was wasted thread space. However if there are alternatives that you lads might suggest, my thanks to you. I'm off now to see about opening the games in a virtual disc emulator programme before I resort to purchasing a portable slim external drive

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Hrmmm, I don't even have a no-cd crack by the looks of it. I always use the wrong damn patch though and wonder why it doesn't work! :lol: what you could do is just clone the CD and use... deamon tools or whatever it was called?

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm

You mean a CD image? Trick the computer into thinking a CD is in the drive?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:47 am

Yeah that's the one, I really need to do that for H&D Deluxe.