New Tactical Strategy way better than H&D coming soon!!!

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Zdenda
Sergeant

New Tactical Strategy way better than H&D coming soon!!!

Unread post by Zdenda » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi guys, I am sure when you see this, you will be just amazed... A team of private guys are putting up a game similar to H&D, but way better... same environment, but more options, large maps, ... everything you ever dreamed of and they accept feedback, ideas and advice to make the game as best as possible at their forums...

You can Run, drive a bike, you can drive vehicles and you can fly... you can do anything... You can also mod your weapons... select ammo ... anything... just wonderful ;).... Take a look at this =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJV0UhS ... 3F5BFD184C

Site: http://www.heroesandgenerals.com

Zdenda
Sergeant

Re: New Tactical Strategy way better than H&D coming soon!!!

Unread post by Zdenda » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:57 am

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:28 am

Eh... they did the tank sights well, and the vehicles look great... the aircraft look good and look very fun... but the weapons are not done well, I don't like the way that guy was firing the MG42 on the move, the recoil is very heavy, you can't tell from the way he was maneuvering and firing it. The Thompson in the last video, that is an M1 or M1A1, it can't accept a drum, so WTF? ...and the map looks too advanced! I thought it was an iPad or something first time I saw it... lol
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 am

Multiplayer only? don't care if so...

Zdenda
Sergeant

Unread post by Zdenda » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 pm

It´s not finished yet, things will be different in there.... but it looks like a wonderful tactical strategic...

Zdenda
Sergeant

Unread post by Zdenda » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:23 pm

BTW... check this.. I guess.. if you want something, tell them to do it and they will ... =). What other kind of support would you want to have for a game like this? Cant compare to dumb IS (K2 Czech).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bdlF209os

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:55 am

Why bother though? The mass opinion is going to be negative, what good is one persons voice? Check out the German with MG42 at 8:25 in the vid... How did that pass in to the game? The popular opinion is rule, or that would not fly!

To be clear it should not be like the BAR in HD2, it is possible to fire that way, but the character is walking forward and leaning in to the weapon as if it is nothing, firing about 50 or 60 rounds in those 2 seconds.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm

IS went through trouble to make things slow and realistic. To be fair though, they aren't done making this game.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:38 am

I tried the beta. Its not terrible, although comparing it to HD2 is like comparing apples and oranges. It's very arcade-ish, but it's not bad if you are into the online multiplayer sort of thing.
I will admit, it is an interesting concept. As a hero (soldier), you gain rank and earn more credits based on your performance in the battlefield, which unlocks different classes and equipment (ie. when you make it to rank/level 2, you can join a tank unit, but if you decide to stay, that solder must stay there for the rest of the war). As a general, you allocate supplies to help the troops on the battlefield.
I wouldn't say it's better than HD2, but make it single player and tweak some aspects and I'm in. thup01