Day Off

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
GrumpyMushroom
Private

Day Off

Unread post by GrumpyMushroom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Had a day off work today looked after the kids.Missus had a Spa day with friends.
Had a 2 hours window of sleeping and nursery .Snuck into the study (Upgraded the PC to Windows 64, 2 days ago)everything working A ok thup01, so clicked on the old faithful, wacked up the surround sound, ,2 hrs of absolute H&d2 Bliss... thup01

Jason
Administrator

Re: Day Off

Unread post by Jason » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:11 am

Time well spent nods01

Did you start from the beginning or did you just play random missions?

GrumpyMushroom
Private

Unread post by GrumpyMushroom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Random singleplayer missions...Iceberg being one of my favourites. :mrgreen:

Tonight i have loaded up "Commandoes Strike Force" ..bought this way back in 2006 but never took it out of its wrapping and found it buried in the bottom of a box in a cupboard.Been playing for a while on Hard setting and whilst not a mark on H&D,with okish graphics is a good fun,run and shoot em up nods01...

Also i have reloaded Doom 3 and there is no way i am going to play that bastard in the dark again with headphones on at 2 in the morning... no_02

Finally i looked at Painkiller on amazon today for PC apparently coming out in JAN 2013 for xbox 360 may get this for the 360 instead ...I had this game for the PC and sold it ages ago now i want it again just for the Serious Sam Style Gameplay and heavy soundtracks ...stake em high!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah I haven't played much of Commandos Strike Force yet. I played the demo years ago and didn't think much of it but bought the Commandos complete pack a couple of years ago. Still meaning to dust it off and play some.

When Doom 3 first came out I did that, played a little at my friends place in the dark with headphones. I'll man up and play it again some time :lol: they just released that hi-res/extended version.

Not a big fan of the Serious Sam style gameplay any more. I did enjoy playing Duke Nukem Forever, but that's Duke Nukem. I've definitely been playing some different genre's of games these days. The latest game I have been playing is Dark Souls which is certainly a different kind of fun.