How's life?

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

How's life?

Unread post by Jason » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 pm

How's life going guys? :lol:

What you been up to? I haven't been on MSN in years so I don't get to chat to a lot of you any more. And I'm never on MP these days. I actually want to do a H&D let's play soon but need to get permission. So you'll get to see me play and hear me my great aussie accent :P

There haven't been a lot of good war games recently. Apart from Men of War Assault Squad. I've actually started playing RPG games :shock: lol :oops:

Duke0196
Captain

Re: How's life?

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. Skyrim has sucked a lot of my gaming time these past few months. :lol:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah I still haven't warmed up to Skyrim yet, played only a tiny bit of it the combat in the game just isn't pulling me in and I'm not overly keen on the story so far but I am told it gets better. Don't really go for story in games any way, it's not why I play games. Though Mafia was just awesome for story. I recently learnt a family member has played over 620 hours of Skyrim :shock: I mean damn... :lol:

I did play through Sniper Elite V2 COOP but man is that a forgettable game. It's good but really nothing special to it at all. Been meaning to go back and give the MP a proper go but not sure if I will get to it.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:08 am

Well, when I need my FPS fix ... I still fire up H&D2 or DD2. Obviously the gameplay is different but new user-made maps are still being released for DD2. Three in the past week and one as recently as today. :grin:

I got sucked into The Elder Scrolls series with Morrowind. Since I prefer a stealthy archer-type in my RPGs ... combat can be over for the other guy before they realize its begun. I'm not much for Skyrim's main storyline but I do like to try out the various faction quest lines if only to check them out. I don't care for my character to be a member of nearly every faction serving both good and bad; so I create different characters to focus on a specific quest line. Once I finish a faction quest line, I create someone else and try something new. Of course, there are also the various mods that also keep it new. Some even creating their own faction campaigns / quest lines. Cheers ... Duke thup01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 am

Duke0196 wrote:Well, when I need my FPS fix ... I still fire up H&D2 or DD2. Obviously the gameplay is different but new user-made maps are still being released for DD2. Three in the past week and one as recently as today. :grin:
:shock: really? :lol: Link?

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:29 am

Here is the main index.
http://www.deadlydozen2maps.co.uk/index.php
Link to forums.
http://www.deadlydozen2maps.co.uk/modul ... ame=Forums
Link to download page
http://www.deadlydozen2maps.co.uk/modul ... =Downloads

The download page doesn't only have maps for Deadly Dozen 2 (DD2) but also includes maps for other nFusion games [Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight Vietnam (LOSV), Elite Warriors Vietnam (EWV) ] along with some modded versions (i.e, Elite Warriors Modern Combat and Territorial Warfare based on KumaWars). You might even notice a game called H&D Deluxe. :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention ... don't look for accuracy on many of the user-made maps. The guys do them up for fun. Another thing, maps created for one game can be tweaked to be used by other nFusion games so you might see the same map listed under various games. In other words, a map originally done with a WW2 Europe theme could be played by someone who owns DD2 (WW2 Pacific) or LOSV & EWV (Vietnam-based) ... its just that the enemy and their voices will be those associated with the game being used (i.e., Japanese, Vietnamese, etc). Cheers. thup01