Who's seen Starship Troopers?

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Yeah I bet most of you have seen Starship Troopers, I saw it at the cinemas when it first came out. I just watched Starship Troopers 2, it went straight to video. I thought it would be totally shit but I finally gave it a watch and yeah its a lot better than I expected! :) The storyline is cool and something new, kinda like the animated cartoon if any of yah have seen that. The acting is a little cheesy but I am guessing the movie had an extremely small budget but a movie well worth seeing.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:07 am

Hmm I?ve watched the first movie... didin?t liked it so much. Suprized me that they made a second one. What I?ve heard is that the movie is complete diffrent to the source .. the book.

new guy
Sergeant

Unread post by new guy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:27 pm

I thought the (first) movie would be a lot worse then it was. I kinda enjoyed it allthough its not a good movie i sat through the whole movie and i have watched it again after that. It has something special...

P@blo
Private

Re: Who's seen Starship Troopers?

Unread post by P@blo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:58 pm

[quote=""Jason""]Yeah I bet most of you have seen Starship Troopers, I saw it at the cinemas when it first came out. I just watched Starship Troopers 2, it went straight to video. I thought it would be totally shit but I finally gave it a watch and yeah its a lot better than I expected! :) The storyline is cool and something new, kinda like the animated cartoon if any of yah have seen that. The acting is a little cheesy but I am guessing the movie had an extremely small budget but a movie well worth seeing.[/quote]

you mean the computer animated one? i thought that a little violent for youngens but i liked it, made my mornings complete when it used to be on sky from monday to friday :D

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:30 am

Well I am talking about Starship Troopers 2 the "real life" movie, it is different from the animated series. You thought the animated series was too violent? there wasn't even any blood :? The story line and all that was a little too "grow-up" for kids to understand I thought.

Cyberus
Private

Unread post by Cyberus » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:46 am

Dudes, the computer animated one was the shit, although it totally didn't match with the movie's storyline.

I've seen both movies. I thought the second one was kinda crappy, even with a naked chick in it. It was really wierd showing the idea of the military machine in a movie of rather low quality. I think they were trying to capture the message of the first movie in the second, but didn't do it right.
The strongest chains are those of the mind.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 pm

Dipping up old posts... why? well there is a new Starship Troopers movie out, yes they made a third movie with Casper Van Dean (Johnny Rico). I was thinking of buying the bluray but then decided to rent the movie instead. The second movie used the same special effects people as the first movie as it was directed by the specials effects dude. This time... they got the dude who did Alien and T2... good movies BUT the effects were shocking and all over the place in terms of quality. The movie was okay, not as bad as it could have been but no where near as great as it could have been.

The tits & arse made yet another appearance... it seems to be the only theme throughout the series :|

On another note I played the Demo for the 2005 game of Starship Troopers. The graphics is shockingly bad but it has a good feel when fighting through the bugs... scary too.
Last edited by Jason on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:40 am

I saw the original in the theaters when it first came out. I liked it and have seen it many times since. I saw some of the second, maybe about five minutes, it was really crappy. I had my wife pick up the third when it came out, but we haven't seen it yet, since I want to see the second properly before I see the third. We got the third because of whatsherface, Jolene Blalock. So if she wasn't in it, I wouldn't even consider watching it or the second one.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: