My weekend!

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

My weekend!

Unread post by Jason » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:59 pm

A week ago my friend won some free passes to play 'laser skirmish' its a laser-gun version of skirmish or paintball which is for kids or people who don't want to be hurt :lol: It was really fun and the course was cool too. One of the rules was not to run which was odd but I later found out why :oops: I wasn't wearing sneakers I was wearing 'business' shoes because we went out to a club the night before. The course had 2 floors the second was grating... the grating was not at all gripping with my shoes... I ran... I slipped... I slid across the grating like a piece of cheese grinds down a grater :( I cut my arm up the worst I have ever done, lots of chunks of skin are missing and it was bleeding pretty bad. Also grased my hit and it hurt to walk :wink: This was in the first game about 8 - 10 minutes into it :oops: I played 4 or 5 games... it was like real-life team deathmatch, it was fun apart from the pain :roll:

It hurts right now, I can't sleep it stings! :evil:

I felt like such a noob falling over :oops:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Drozdov
Major

My weekend!

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:18 am

Heh, I haven't fought a laser battle since one of mate's birthday parties when I was about 8. I didn't really like it much, very unsatisfying - you have to aim at a small square on their chest/back, and your gun doesn't even have any sights. :?

Always wanted to go paintballing, though, shame it's so expensive. Here in Scotland, it costs about ?50 to go paintballing - that's ?40 to get in, and ?10 for extra ammo (which you kind of need). I'd be happy to pay, but most of my friends aren't, and I wouldn't want to play with strangers. :(

There's also BB gun fights (low powered air guns, with plastic pellets), that'd be a bit more like the 'real thing'. A chance to play soldiers without getting hurt too much, and a bit more realistic than paintballing. You don't have to wear the daft overalls anyway. :roll: But I don't know anywhere in Scotland that does BB fights, and it'd probably be even more expensive than paintballing, if you have to rent equipment. And it costs over ?100 for an automatic BB gun.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Alexander
Captain

My weekend!

Unread post by Alexander » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:07 am

lol jason, iam sorry for you but it did make my day brighter :P :wink:
But I don't know anywhere in Scotland that does BB fights
Come to Norway, ill let you borrow me thompson all for free :P

haha... .he slipped....and he fell... and now hes in pain.... :twisted:
Rendevouz with destiny!

da fish
Sergeant

My weekend!

Unread post by da fish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:16 pm

as luck would have it im a avid "airsofter". i do the bb shooting thing quite often..... (including down a ww2 bunker of all places!)

anyway drozdov check out:
http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk
http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk

once i get a decent wage sorted i'll probably get my self sorted for some ww2 equipment........... hopefully a bolt action springfield and british ww2 para smocks..... gotta get a job first tho!

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

My weekend!

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:30 pm

Also Jason if your Hidden and dangerous 2 name is Jason SS you were playing that on sunday night and shot me :evil: :evil:
Then as i though right this is my chance to kill a high ranking h&d2 player you left :evil: :evil:
So i though i had better give you a warning for the next time we meet
I have a bad rep on h&d2 for making people into hats such as.....
also this is what people tend to look like after stepping on my mines a dozen, dozen times
:twisted: :twisted:
See you on the battle field :lol:

Jason
Administrator

My weekend!

Unread post by Jason » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:40 pm

:lol: I have an account called Jason SS but I didn't play on Sunday night, wasn't me I swear :oops:

Alexander
Captain

My weekend!

Unread post by Alexander » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:32 pm

lol!! well when people download the savegames from this site they get the profile name called jason SS so most probarly one of them:P
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jason
Administrator

My weekend!

Unread post by Jason » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:54 am

Oh yeah :lol: but you can re-name your accounts though.

Alexander
Captain

My weekend!

Unread post by Alexander » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:11 pm

yeah, so its just some lazy bastard out there who didnt care doing.. or wanted to give you a reeeealy bad reputation! :P
Rendevouz with destiny!