H&D1 Manual Questions

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

H&D1 Manual Questions

Unread post by Jason » Wed May 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey all,

I've been looking at my copies of the original H&D game and when I first ever played the full game it was at a friends place. From memory the manual was very thick, glossy and had a flat spine. Like a motherboard manual or some other very thick manual. But none of my copies have a manual like that. I have the big box from NA, the slightly smaller one from Europe but neither have a glossy manual. They are just booklet style manuals. Am I remembering things incorrectly? or does someone have a glossy manually? does it contain the soldiers information?

Cheers grin01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Daniel
Lieutenant

Re: H&D1 Manual Questions

Unread post by Daniel » Thu May 12, 2011 5:45 pm

My manual is a booklet, about 62 pages long or something all in english. Assume it's the uk release, though i got it from ebay. Fight for freedom manual is a few pages long of nothing - all it has are installation instructions in different languages.

Goodness knows what manual you had - was it some strategy guide?

It is curious though about where avault got all that extra soldier background info - i mean i can't think they bothered to make it all up for their online walkthrough.

In fact it appears to be basically the same as the manual included with the download version of deluxe. (Though the deluxe dl pdf seems to have slightly different info in appropriate sections due to the engine change and also slightly bigger text so that the manual spans to 80 or so pages.