Mafia II engine platform for H&D3 mod?

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Mafia II engine platform for H&D3 mod?

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Hidden and Dangerous 2 was rushed out the door as well; I think it is their calling card with sequels. Hidden and Dangerous 2 is still my favorite game. thup01
H&D2 didn't have it's ass viciously raped by it's publisher :twisted:

Mafia 2 cry's its self to sleep in the corner of a dark room.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Would anyone still want H&D3 with the way Mafia II turned out? I'll admit I would be curious but somehow I feel like it would end up like MOH Airborne with some gimmick or sell point.
Or it may even go modern  no_02
They Dared and Won..... And They Were Hidden and Dangerous.
1941-1945

jacobston
Lieutenant

If you want something done right...

Unread post by jacobston » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 am

It is sad where the video game industry is going. Honestly, I still use an XP computer (except for my windows 7 laptop which I use for schoolwork) mostly because I still play a lot of old(ish) games (ie. Sid Meier's Civilization, M1 Tank Platoon II, Transport Tycoon, Worms, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy video game) because, I find anyway, they are way better than a lot of new games. A lot of the video game industry is becoming a cash grab, selling "The electronic equivalent of banging two rocks together" to amuse the large crowds.

Really, if we want a Hidden and Dangerous 3, we are probably best just to do it ourselves... grin01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:19 pm

I'd like to either finance the development of a H&D clone or actually have a hand in developing a H&D clone (hell I'd even try to get the original lead guys to throw some ideas in if they were willing to take my money :lol: all dreams at this stage). Of course if I had the money to finance the thing I would try to buy the IP, my hope is that it would be "cheap" any way since they are no doubt working on Mafia 3 only.

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Mafia III is in the works?

Also, the Invasion44 mod for Arma II has an H&D tribute commando campaign. The models are quite excellent. Although the level of immersion is not as good as the original in terms of enemy AI behavior.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:54 am

Mafia 3 has to be in the works, has to be. They don't have anything else they can make, all their other projects/new IP went under and abondoned years ago. H&D was so long ago it would be like launching a new IP and publishers dont like doing that.

"Invasion44", looks like they are making it for Arma 3 as well which is great because it controls so much better than Arma 2. Will keep an eye out for that :grin: