HI

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
jonikka
Private

HI

Unread post by jonikka » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi everyone!!!

I'm HUGE H&D2 and SS fan, and besides the Battlefield1942 there's no other game that occupied my attention me for so long.

I've been playing it for long six years, got through all levels 100's of times with all different tactics and approaches, stealth and carnage ones.

I enjoyed the forum very much, and wanted to thank You for keeping it alive after all these years... thup01
we are going deep, and we are going hard...

Grimples
Major

Re: HI

Unread post by Grimples » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 am

Hi jonikka, welcome the board.

You been playing online? Do you have these: index.php/topic,189.msg8288.html#msg8288
If you dont they will open up HnD2 & SS all over again.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums :mrgreen:

Have you had a chance to play the original game? H&D Deluxe is free, download it and have a go if you haven't. It's graphics are about the same as BF42.

Glad to hear you have played the game for so long, what are your favourite levels to play again and again? Which game did you like better overall, H&D2 or SS?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:43 pm

thanks for the warm welcome :grin:

@Jason, never got to play H&D1, but i'm always willing to try, thx for the advice, and for the other two, man, it's hard to tell which level i like the most, probably those stealthy ones, like SS C1, or even Norway. the thing that fascinates me the most is that i never played the same level with the same MO, even thou the AI is largely scripted. sometime i go with one dude, usually Dave Foreman or Munice, or with two, three. i still remember the first time i played it, so unbelievable, almost surreal, that atmosphere, fine music...man still gives me chills...LOL
i always liked the way that game gives you a full control over the approach and tactics, open level, free roam... i could write for days about it...

@Grimples, tried couple of time to play on live an stuck to coop servers, cause its so hard to hit someone running around in non-predictable way, i must say that in this case i'm more of single player guy, i like to taste my victories nice and slow, and when a want some piece of action i play cod4  ;)... thx for the links the forum is huge and it's hard to find the random stuff.

lookin' forward to contribute in any way, so fill free to ask...

pls if anyone has an idea how to get new copies of all of the H&D games i'd appreciate some the help... tnx

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Those maps are new modified COOP, some are extremely hard but the challange is good. You can always play on LAN by yourself with these new maps, i do. You can play by your own rules that way with no interference from the gung-ho kiddies.
I always try to play stealthy & slow whenever possible also, i like to make the game last :grin:

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 pm

if it ain't at least couple of hours i wont even bother :lol:
i'll try the mod probably for the weekend, so i'll give you my first impressions.