What Became of "Lickshot"?

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Tom
Private

What Became of "Lickshot"?

Unread post by Tom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:54 pm

When I began to play H&D DeLuxe, I used Lickshot's "walkthroughs" to help me on my missions. The respective web-site is still around...

http://hd.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/

At one point, I think I discovered his real name. Does anyone know what became of that guy?

Cheers,
Tom

Jason
Administrator

Re: What Became of "Lickshot"?

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 am

I haven't heard anything from him in years. I have his email around here somewhere...
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:18 am

Hey, Jason... Still digging for Lickshot's whereabouts? I've heard say that if one dug long enough, one would end up in Australia...  :)

Cheers,
Tom

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 am

Well the hidden and dangerous fanatic website has been pulled down. I am guessing they were unable to get a hold of him. It would be nice if he showed up again.

And I heard if you dig long enough you will end up in China :eek:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Tom
Private

Re: What Became of

Unread post by Tom » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 am

Kind of a very extremely late comment, but, nevertheless: it is criminal vandalism to have such sites disappear, for they form a very important part of the historical record. Shame.

Any closer to finding Lickshot?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:26 am

Just looking at my mirror copy of H&D Fanatic and there is a copyright on Lickshot's Hidden & Dangerous Resource Center that says "Justin Bracken". I wonder what ever happen to Paul Green, from hidden-and-dangerous.co.uk, so long ago... might have to add Lars to the list if he doesn't come back once in a while :cry:

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey, man...

Speaking of Lars, I thought he was "here", almost every day, helping with the site. To communicate by forum is fine, for most people, but as concerns you and Lars you (both) really ought to pick-up the phone and talk about life...

I am comforted to know that you have a copy of H&D Fanatic. It would be good if you could locate all the H&D old-timers you might have known or "heard-of". In that vein, to have you establish a H&D Facebook presence should work quite well...

I also hope that you and Lars have a mutual arrangement concerning of your respective sites.

Cheers,
Tom

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 am

Lars doesn't run H&D GF, H&D Master (HaDMaster?) does (not the same as hdmaster user on these forums) or Michi is his real name. We've spoken in the past on MSN about the future of our websites. I really need to jump on MSN to have a chat to him. Lars has been the H&D community news guy for many years posting at H&D GF and on these forums.

Fugue from the Unofficial H&D website (which I recently mirrored, though sadly some of it's missing - need to use the wayback machine maybe) can be found at the 2k Games Forums under the Mafia 2 topic, like everyday :lol:

Trebissky hasn't logged on to these forums since August 2008, he may have appeared at the H&D GF forum though.

Too many oldies to list. There are a LOT of H&D Deluxe people that should be here but haven't been for ages.

We'll get them all back eventually grin01

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks, for the clarification. I did think that the "GF" site was Lars'.

I do not know much about the protocol expected to govern "fan-sites" such as this one. Nevertheless, if I had not visited this site for some time, let's say one year or more, I would welcome a personal e-mail from you asking to confirm the e-mail address with which I had registered on this site. The requested response could be something as simple as "clicking" on an automatic "confirmation link" to "renew our vows" to H&D... It would be a really good way to stay in touch with people that kinda disappear from the scene. Furthermore, it would also stand to reason that should the site need anything for the common good, that you should broadcast an appeal to all members; and, for that it is essential that you know which e-mail addresses remain valid... Of course, a H&D Facebook page would do very well not only in helping recover lost fans (probably quite fast) but also cultivate new ones...

When did you last "see" Lars?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Tom wrote:In that vein, to have you establish a H&D Facebook presence should work quite well...
No, no, no, no! no_02 angry01
Tom wrote:I do not know much about the protocol expected to govern "fan-sites" such as this one. Nevertheless, if I had not visited this site for some time, let's say one year or more, I would welcome a personal e-mail from you asking to confirm the e-mail address with which I had registered on this site. The requested response could be something as simple as "clicking" on an automatic "confirmation link" to "renew our vows" to H&D... It would be a really good way to stay in touch with people that kinda disappear from the scene. Furthermore, it would also stand to reason that should the site need anything for the common good, that you should broadcast an appeal to all members; and, for that it is essential that you know which e-mail addresses remain valid... Of course, a H&D Facebook page would do very well not only in helping recover lost fans (probably quite fast) but also cultivate new ones...
Great, another big brother. fingers01 People come and go in all aspects of life, leave them be, if they were interested enough they would find there way back here. Artificially forcing people back to the game will just cheapen the "scene." Starting a crappy page will just invite more idiots to flood the servers. There are not enough copies of this game in circulation. Let someone that has a genuine interest discover them.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:03 am

Starting a crappy page will just invite more idiots to flood the servers. There are not enough copies of this game in circulation. Let someone that has a genuine interest discover them.
You do realise that there are heaps of copies of the game on ebay. And there are unlimited amounts of the digital copy that the so called idiots would download :P

Big brother? it's a friendly email notification you crazy bastard :lol:

That said, I'm not a member of Facebook nor do I intend of being one due to their privacy issues. There are other ways to get people back to the website.

Lars was online the other day Tom, and thanks for the helpful feedback, don't worry about Vit he's one of those people south of your location. He needs help01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Jason wrote:You do realise that there are heaps of copies of the game on ebay. And there are unlimited amounts of the digital copy that the so called idiots would download :P
Of "regular" HD2, sure they have one or two copies at Gamestops in the US. Though the game is not complete without SS, all three copies of that on eBay are in the UK, and they are all used. Idiot's would not know how to used the internet to download it. Do they have a digital download of SS?
Jason wrote:Big brother? it's a friendly email notification you crazy bastard :lol:

It is still invasive. fingers01