H&D Deluxe source code

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
kubapet
Private

H&D Deluxe source code

Unread post by kubapet » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Hello everyone,

We are considering to make some improvements on H&D 1 Deluxe engine and multiplayer game. Is there enyone who knows if it's possible (and eventually where) to get source code of the whole game?
Should we ask 2K Czech, or who is currently the holder of the rights on the game?

Any advices are very welcome.

Jason
Administrator

Re: H&D Deluxe source code

Unread post by Jason » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Hello there kubapet,

Welcome to the forums. I have asked about this previously, a year or two ago but had no success. hdmaster here on the forums has been working on a number of tools for the community, he has a vast knowledge, I would suggest contacting him first.

My thoughts are that H&D Deluxe is a lost cause, it has too many technical limitations that can't be overcome without the source code and that is very unlikely to happen any time soon (maybe in 2019 when the game is 20 years old!). I'm currently looking into the Unity engine (primarily because I'm learning C#) and it is actually pretty amazing what you can do very easily. I'm trying to prototype a H&D clone. Developing a new game engine that uses all the available H&D Deluxe assets would be ideal then moving on to something new.

Jovan
Private

Unread post by Jovan » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:09 am

Following up on this, looks like the source code for H&D Deluxe is available here: https://www.rprclan.com/forum/hidden-da ... e-released

Seems to have the DTA source code as well although I don't know how useful it is for H&D 2 :)

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:17 pm

Here here boy

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:49 am

Wow. Surely, that would let us fix the generic faces in H&DD.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:49 am

Wesley wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:49 am
Wow. Surely, that would let us fix the generic faces in H&DD.
Bro it was semi fixed in h&d mods that are currently going under development by the best two modders of this community (P.Jacob88 & NilsZ). You should check out their mods bro I swear their mods are the best with things that was never done before
(AI change of behaviour...campaign changes to either be historically accurate or challenging....multi-player still undergoing changes......bulletholes yes lol why not .....gibs if you Don't know what that means you're not a gamer because it's the body parts falling after explosion that satisfies my fantasies of killing up the hardest AI in the game with bomb after losing a shitton of times to it cause I really suck(don't mind me just ranting lol like an idiot).......and almost 1000 gun.....new vehicles vroom vroom Panzer incoming ......... etc etc etc + more like new add-ons to the games that will blow your mind with the infinite possibilities.....)
You should check it out soon on Moddb it's crazy and I'm a really crazed out Egyptian guy with a love and passion for this game......

Regards from yours truly......