Sniping and Picking Up Items

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Geezah
Private

Sniping and Picking Up Items

Unread post by Geezah » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi All,

I first played this game about 5yrs ago and puchased the Hidden and Dangerous and Devils Bridge as a package, well I recently found it in amoungst a bunch of stuff in the garage. So I loaded it onto my laptop and started playing again but cannot for the life of me remember how to zoom the sniper scope in and out or pick up items off of dead Germans???

Please help.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Re: Sniping and Picking Up Items

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:31 pm

Press "use" button next to a dead body in order to grab items from dead enemies.

Second, this "secondary fire"\"secondary function" (don´t remember the controller name) is used to zoom. You just need to press the button (F.E. my secondary fire is mouse button 2) down and then move your mouse up or down.

Moving mouse up with the button pressed down zooms, moving it down unzooms.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:20 pm

What Oldih said covers your question, but I thought it might be worth reminding how to drop items since it's not the most intuitive system and it took me a bit to remember how to do it when I first got H&D deluxe - remember you have to select an item on the inventory menu then hold use until the icon changes, then release to drop it.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Geezah
Private

Unread post by Geezah » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Thanks guys, I was able to zoom in and out last night, but is it possible to find out which key is the 'use' key?

I know how to scroll through the items and I remember how to drop them it's just some of the finer details are lost :oops:

Thanks for all the help so far.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Default key should be "u". If you press it you should see the inventory of the enemy in your HUD. with = \ (as far as I remember the english keymap) you can scroll throu it and with enter you pick it up into your inventory

Geezah
Private

Unread post by Geezah » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Thanks guys...........I'm looking forward to getting back into this game and Devils Bridge when I'm finished. thup01

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:27 am

You can reconfigure all the control keys to suit yourself.  Go into Options, then controls.  Choose the key or button you want to change and hit Enter.  You'll see ??? where the original key was.  Hit whatever key you want to use instead and it'll show.  The original may also still be there, which means you can use either one.

Go through the whole list like that until you have it set the way you like it.
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS