H&D1 C1M4

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Jason
Administrator

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:52 am

What are your strategies for this mission?

I normally run off to the left of the truck then up the hill and snipe the first 3 guards on the mountain tops then swoop down clearing anything in the way. There's an easy way in which you can run to the right of the truck and follow the river up using the road as sort of a cover. Then go up the right side of the rail-way bridge and throw grenades at the MG carriages.

I always use to have trouble with this map. It is one of the larger ones in the original game, not counting the expansion of course. You can move around the map a lot. Most of it is wasted.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

capthavoc
Lieutenant

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by capthavoc » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:19 pm

I always split up in 2 team
in the old version you could even cross the river
the sniper right riverside kils the first sniper on mountain top
the rest is for left team.

the left team has the easy job of popping up here and there
but stay mainly on the hill i never enter vilage before blowing the train

The right team goes fast to the pillar and kil all there

onces right of the brigde you wouldnt have to must probs
1 can cover rear and the other kills 2 gaurds there and blows the objects
the train provide good cover to kil all remaining force in the village with a litlle help from the hilside.

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:48 am

Hi Jason :D

Well....I take my sniper and snipe the 1 on the 1st hill, then take all the other 3 also to that hill (so that they cover the back of my sniper)....from there, I 1st snipe the 2 guys on the other hill and then all of them on the ground below(I always stay on my belly).

Now I make 3 of my guys to lie down on the edge of the cliff and make them face the village....then I take the other guy to kill the 2 walking along the road(there are 2 ways to kill them)1.I take him to the other hill and snipe or gun them from there(always 1 at a time...when the 2 of them are together I always wait for them to get separated)2.I make him run to the right side of the road and have him lie down(so that the road covers him from the guards view)...then snipe the gurds as they come to the small area below the bridge.

Then I shuffle the guys so that the guy with a Bazooka is separate and the other 3 are lying on the hill facing the village. Now I make this Bazooka guy to go to the other hill and fire at the 1st MG carriage(I normaly miss it on the first try so I save it at this point) by the time I fire at the carriage I would be at the edge of the hill and a music would have started(stating that I have been spoted)and enemies will start coming in...I don't worry cause my 3 guys on the cliff will take care of them.

Then..................Man!! :x I forgot :cry: what I used to do next...probably snipe the guys walking along side of the train from some cliff nearby...and then wait for somemore to come and get killed by my guys on the cliff or some thing like that... :?

Finaly I run along the train and place timed-bombs to the other 2 carriages and wait. When they go "BOOM" - MISSION COMPLETED thup01

(Jason this 1"funny01"looks cool) funny02 funny02
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Jason » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:48 am

Yeah I have done pretty much the same as you guys there.

Capthavoc I used to cross the river too, sadly in Deluxe you can't do that but I have changed that in Deluxe2 :D I don't know why they made a 2 foot deep river able to kill you, stupid :roll:

Deepakh yeah "funny01" is my favourite

It's a pity about the C1M4 mission. It's a very large map but you only use a small part of it. There should definitely be more germans surrounding the area me thinks.

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:34 am

Is the river only 2 foot deep :?: ......I am wondering this cause when u look at the trains engine....it seems to have gone deeper then 2 feet into the river :shock: :!: ...or may be the river is at different depths at diffrent points :mrgreen: :wink:
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:59 am

Yeah it is at different depths in different parts but the train is also in the ground to give the effect that it slammed into the soft river bed :D

Either way, water doesn't instantly kill :lol:

Unless tons of it crush you... or you fall from a great height on to it :oops:

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:32 am

thup01
-Deepakh Yes-

Trebissky
Corporal

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Trebissky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:06 am

I've crossed that river a couple of times and it seems like your guy runs ON the water, not IN it like on some other maps. Just a glitch they never caught, I guess.

Anyway, I've done C1M4 a bunch of different ways, but my favorite is to send one 2-man team onto that first hill, snipe the guards up on Hill #2, then set up an MG and cover the farm with that and a sniper/SMG man.

Meanwhile, two others circle wide around the hills to the left, up and over the one right above the RR tracks, then snipe the Germans down on the tracks and any they can spot from up there. Then they make their way (prone!) down the slope to the tracks, blow the armored cars, and that usually leaves at least a few krauts here and there you have to hunt down, one at a time. MUCH more fun that just mowing them down from the first hill when they run up into the farm! And you'll definitely get some use out of more of that map. :lol:
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:42 am

I use to go left, but my men following me and me sometimes fell off those sharp downslopes and died, i couldnt tell which was a decline in the mountain and which was a cliff :x And certainly my men following couldnt :) anyone else have this trouble or is it just a certain spot i hit :?:

Oldih
Global Moderator

H&D1 C1M4

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:53 am

Myself I flank with two\three soldiers from mountains, one approaches the road. People from mountains, or atleast sniper, takes guards out near the bridge area. Then the soldier which is near bridge, moves carefully to the other side, plants TNT\Uses bazooka to blow the wagons up. When this is done, I leave him there to watch back while others take out the troops from the garrison\whatever it is, and finally search&destroy operation to there.

That was my strategy\plan when I played it first time, and this was when I bought the H&D1 updated version :)
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words