C1M1:

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Deepakh Yes
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:22 am

Ok Guys :D .....as instructed in the 'Briefings' v 1st kill the 2 guys on the car and then use the car to get into the base.......I just want to know, in what order do u guys kill the enemies after that.....like, 1st u kill the guy in building who is guarding the prisoner and then those who came running in fingers01 , then.......???.
And how do u guys kill the 2 enemies on the bike....I normally snipe them and later on use the bike to move around the base :mrgreen: . And finally how do u guys manage the 3-5 enemies who come running into the base after u've destroyed the fighters....cause they are the 1s who I find a bit difficult to fight against.....I've even lost my guys trying to fight them no_01
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:29 am

Well, sometimes I put a time-bomb next to the bike then run (or drive) to the control tower and shoot the guards when the bomb goes off.

But normally I leave a guy with a machine gun of some sort at the end of the row of buildings. Close to the watch tower and an exit point for the sewer. The third guy I normally keep in the sewer and run out when the firing stops although I have started to put him at the exit point for the sewer near the hangers and destroyed planes. This way he can shoot all the other guys you miss with the MG.

Finally when the plane is ready to go and the other germans come running from the woods into the base. I try to get them when they come out of the woods with my guy on the MG and the two other guys with sub-mgs but yeah. Sometimes it takes a few goes to kill them all without one of your guys getting it. All depends on your guys reaction speed and your own. It's best to control the MG though, the AI can never fire it fast enough for my liking :wink: MG's are for spraying bullets and hitting as many targets as possible.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:03 pm

As per the briefings we've to take only 3 guys to complete mission. But after following that instruction few times...I took all 4 men into the mission (for a change) and after killing all enemies and before freeing the pilot I 'saved' it.
Then after the plane was ready I left 1 guy on the ground and took the other 3 to the plane.....but, as soon as the plane took off the man on the ground died :cry: .....then I retried from the saved point, and guess what, this time he survived :D ....so I tried again and again just to check what the reason was, but it all seemed random....1 time he survived and the other he die :?

Do anyone know what the reason is help01
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:40 pm

I was playing with this level for my tutorial and found the detector which kills the man at the end. It is suppose to work every time. Not sure why it doesn't. Have you been leaving him in different positions?

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:04 pm

Yep, each and every time I placed him in different place......1s in the car, 1s on the bike, 1s in the sewage tunnel, 1s inside the building, and even 1s at the starting point :lol: (hoping he would run back home safely) and many times in and around the air field......but, not sure when he die and when he survived, :? though

I know this is not of much help....but, I think he dosen't die when he is moving(not sure)
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:40 pm

even 1s at the starting point (hoping he would run back home safely)
LMAO :lol:

Well the detector is on the run way near the control tower, it must detect the 4th player only if he is "in range".

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:24 pm

....only if he is "in range".
Well....what is the range smile01 (like....till the fence or the woods or.....)
When u find out....Plz, let me know nods01
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm

Ok, looking at the level in the deluxe editor show that when the spy in in range of the detector it will destroy the fourth player... so I don't know why he doesn't always die :?

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:11 pm

:shock:
May be in Deluxe they've changed something :? ....I am talking about the original, though.
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:16 pm

Yeah it is possible the versions are different but they wouldn't be very different, don't see why this part of the game would be different. Maybe it is just the old H&D1 engine playing up :wink:

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:20 am

hehe....
Our good old H&D1 engine....huh....my be thats what it is.

Hey, wait a min....just remembered....may be its because I used the cheat "cantdie" :?
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:07 pm

LMAO :lol:

Could be :wink:

Dwin
Sergeant

C1M1:

Unread post by Dwin » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:36 am

I know, old thread, but the forum isnt very active anyway...

I send 2 through the sewers to the crater that leads to the hangers. With my disquised player, I knife the guard guarding the prisoner before going in.

I come back out near the entrance with an SMG when immediatly after they start talking. When the alarm sounds, I spray the armed Germans who are nicely bunched up. After I've killed them (which takes a couple tries), my other team members come out of the sewers to kill the pilots and one of them to guard the escaping prisoner. The other, I take with me on the bike, driving around and planting the es.

You can leave the Germans by the AA guns, because they wont see you, hear you, or pose any threat to you while you're planting the es. After they all explode, we board the plane and fly away.

Drozdov
Major

C1M1:

Unread post by Drozdov » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:57 pm

... and if this was in the real world, the germans on the AA guns you left behind blow the shit out of your plane as it takes off! :)
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Jason
Administrator

C1M1:

Unread post by Jason » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:04 am

Yeah :lol: thats what I like about H&D2, the men on the AA guns really do shoot at you. We'll have to make a AA gun that works in H&D Deluxe.