C1M1:

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Trebissky
Corporal

C1M1:

Unread post by Trebissky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:20 am

Well, since the guy who drives the VW in is in German uniform and all, I put a really strong guy in that position so he can take along an MG34. (If you want, you can pretend it was mounted on the Kubelwagen...). Once he goes in and KNIFES the guard in the tower, all he has to do is set up the MG on the edge of the crater nearby and wait.

As soon as one of your other two shoots at anybody, the garrison runs out and (usually) gets mowed down right smartly. Of course, that also means the BMW buys it, too, but unless you wanted to joyride in it, or drag race with the VW, who cares?

( HEEEEEYYYYYY... never thought of that until just this minute! :twisted: )
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS

Oldih
Global Moderator

C1M1:

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:39 pm

Myself I used three men, and the plan was simple:

I drove the disguised guy in from front gate, cleared guards around the base, then I moved two guys from sewers, and stole a BMW motorcycle, other guy manned the MG while other was next to him with Bren, to aim around the direction where German soldiers came out when alarm is raised (Dunno what it was :P), while the guy in disguise, was setting up explosives around each planes.

After the planes blew up and enemies cleared, I went for the prison\whatever it was, and then quickly dashed to the plane.

Not so hard afterall :)
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

tongue411
Private

Thanks

Unread post by tongue411 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:16 pm

Damn, i never thought of looking at it that way, thanks.

7percent
Private

Re: C1M1:

Unread post by 7percent » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:51 pm

I'm a bit different to the rest of you then...

Last time I played I sniped the germans in the cars, and one of them had a spare uniform. so I gave the uniform to another of my soldiers.

Got them in the car and controlled the PASSENGER and drove them both into the air base, drove up behind one of the hangers, and hid a guy there. (If you control the driver, the passenger tends to get out a gun and start shooting)

Drove back to the tower, parked the car across the door so no-one can get in and shot the guard, and start shooting out the doorway at the germans who are now streaming across the base, as well as the ones trying to get in...

Use the guy I hid in the hanger to move around the base and take everyone out...

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:57 am

I did the same thing, I played coop the first time with my wife and we entered like you did with German uniforms etcetera...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:16 am

Details are a bit sketchy, but as far as I remember I did more or less the same thing with the kubelwagon. I had two men in it and sent them into the main building, while the other two entered via the sewers. Most of the shooting was done by the ones in disguise - I had a machinegunner watching the door while the other guy cleared the building with an SMG. Then it was a case of killing all the Germans running in from outside. I don't think I moved in the 2 sewer rats until after that had calmed down. One of them was a sniper so they made their way to the 2 in disguise with the sniper doing most of the clearing-away work. Then with both teams linked up we cleared the complex and finished the objectives.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:48 am

Jason wrote:
even 1s at the starting point  (hoping he would run back home safely)
LMAO :lol:

Well the detector is on the run way near the control tower, it must detect the 4th player only if he is "in range".
The reason the 4th man "dies" if you take him, is that there is no room for him on the jet bomber, and so he CANNOT escape.  So here's what would REALLY happen; he would be stuck on his own behind enemy lines and likely be captured or killed anyway.  That's why you only take three.

I give the #2 man, in the German uniform, an MP43, a Luger (for show), his knife, and an MG34.  He drives the VW in, and with his knife HIDDEN but ready, walks on into the control tower building, takes out a cigarette, asks the guard for a light, then pulls the knife and stabs him while he's getting his lighter.

Then he goes back outside, and sets up the MG34 at the edge of the bomb crater near the building... and waits.

The other two go in through the sewer and come out the other crater, near the two hangars at the far end of the field.  CAREFULLY come out with their MP43's ready, because there will be one or two Germans around, including the guard at the jet.  Use the far 3rd person view to scan around before you show yourself over the crater edge.  You should have at least a couple of grenades each, toss one at the jet guard.  As soon as it goes off, both dash out and go prone watching for anyone coming from the barracks side of the field.

There won't be many, because that MG gunner usually takes care of all or most of them as soon as they show.  Be advised you should SAVE, BEFORE your guys actually come up out of that second crater.  It could take several goes...

Make sure you load them up with several time charges and/or panzerfausts, as many as they can carry which is a hint to pick strong guys.  After the smoke clears from that initial mad rush, you can just sneak around and snipe any other Gerries around, then go around and casually blow up the rest of the planes.  Keep you two man team near the jet, go back in and release the pilot and hotfoot it back to the jet with him, because he won't give you a whole lot of time to get aboard before he starts taxiing away.  If one or more of your guys can't make it aboard then, use the map to have them dash back to the start of the runway.  The jet will pause there too for a bit before he takes off.
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:49 am

ViTaMiHnM203 you played COOP with your wife, that's cool grin01

Trebissky you have quite the imagination :lol:

I always take a team through the sewers simply because I can and it is cool :mrgreen: I try not to take advantage of the age of the game by driving the car infront of the door :lol: I normally keep my german-uniformed guy in that front room in the airport control tower with an MP40. My other team emerges from the sewer near where all the guards come from when the siren goes off. I'll often steal the BMX Bike and use the MG to shoot all the guards that run out, then drive around killing the rest of the guards - it's easy and fun :cool:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Jason wrote: I always take a team through the sewers simply because I can and it is cool :mrgreen: I try not to take advantage of the age of the game by driving the car infront of the door :lol: I normally keep my german-uniformed guy in that front room in the airport control tower with an MP40. My other team emerges from the sewer near where all the guards come from when the siren goes off. I'll often steal the BMX Bike and use the MG to shoot all the guards that run out, then drive around killing the rest of the guards
Yeh, we did this as well, but we also destroy all the assets including the AA guns.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: