ICD error

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

ICD error

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 am

Hello lads, I have recently acquired a new laptop running windows 8 and I am able to play H&D Devils Bridge quite comfortaby. Unfortunately the original H&D is giving problems. I initially had a setup error that I thought would be fixed through reinitialization rather than simply adjusting some graphic settings. This solved the DB issue but has created another now. Installation of H&D is smooth however it provides an application prompt stating that H&D.ICD has stopped working...

Any thoughts?

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Re: ICD error

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:54 am

Apologies for the wasted space Jason. Happy to report that downloading the patch and simply overwriting the corrupted files did the trick.

H&D classic runs on WINDOWS 8!!

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 am

nice to know. I had also no Problems with DB/FfF on Windows 7. I haven't tried H&D1 yet. nods01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Good to know it works on Windows 8 :grin:

I really need to play through the original and H&D2 from top to bottom, it has been too long! Boot up the odd missions every now and then but a complete play through is needed. (original and not Deluxe of course)