Hidden and Dangerous Dreamcast

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Помидор
Private

Hidden and Dangerous Dreamcast

Unread post by Помидор » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I was interested in acquiring the dreamcast version of Hidden and Dangerous for my collection and I was curious to know whether it was a superior version to the (allegedly) diabolical PS1 version. I plan on using a keyboard and mouse for it. Has anyone heard anything about it/played it etc? Is it closer/more distant to the PC version?

Many thanks,

Помидор

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Hidden and Dangerous Dreamcast

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Uh... I haven't played it on PlayStation, but I have the Dreamcast version, that is how I was introduced to the game. It is way better than the PC version, feels more polished, though I did not use a mouse and keyboard. The only thing keeping it down is that it does not include the expansion.
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 pm

The playstation version is a complete pile of shit :lol: but yes the dreamcast version is meant to be done very well. I'm still to play it myself, own the version but just need to get myself a dreamcast. If only it came out for the N64 funny02

Помидор
Private

Unread post by Помидор » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm

I have heard though that the dreamcast version has been dumbed-down somewhat from the PC version to better facilitate the use of joypads. Is this true?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Yeah it is terrible, don't even bother trying... Just send me the game.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I haven't heard it was dubbed down, but sould be played with the mouse and keyboard. There's bound to be a review of it on google some where...

I want a dreamcast :sad:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 pm

No, use the controller!