control option

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
KiloEcho
Corporal

control option

Unread post by KiloEcho » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:45 pm

an image which illustrates the old logitech profiler gaming software for XP being used with a wingman attack 2
model 6 button joystick configured as the games controller. It shows a total of 31 possible commands that can be
remapped onto your device for use while playing the classic version after patch 1.3 has been applied

HDjoystick.PNG
alternate control option in HD1
HDjoystick.PNG (338.61 KiB) Viewed 40964 times

including also this example for comparison of an extreme3dpro 12 button joystick with throttle and hat switch
running under Win2000 listing the 50 commands available for access by the player in HD2 Sabre Squadron

hd2profile.png
alternate control option in HD2
hd2profile.png (520.34 KiB) Viewed 40964 times

now to go have myself some fun by controlling old games in a new way

Jason
Administrator

Re: control option

Unread post by Jason » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Lol :lol: did it work?

I finally bought myself a dreamcast and played that version with a controller, works really well actually.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

KiloEcho
Corporal

Re: control option

Unread post by KiloEcho » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:30 am

Yes, I discovered that with the original it actually did work reasonably well enough.

As for sabre squadron installed on Win2K, I'm not sure if the attempted key assignment-adjustments
made by the profiler software really do work in the game itself, as I have not completely tried it out yet.

After all this I just found it more comfortable and familiar to use both games standard control schemes for movement,
combat, issuing commands, orders via map screen and all other interactions in general, so decided to stay with that configuration for now.

Suppose there may be truth in what they say about it being hard to teach an old dog to learn a new trick.