Peoples avatars

Have something to say about how the web site looks or how it is run? Post your feedback here.
Jason
Administrator

Peoples avatars

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:06 am

Um, I have notcied a couple people have avatars that either support or not support systems of government. Do people have a problem with these sorts of avatars? I'm fuzzy on the situation, feel free to add comments :roll:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Peoples avatars

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:23 am

I have no real problem whatso ever...

But I think its incredibly contridictory, to lock topics and ban members that speak out about curtin issues but still allow people to have same-level avatars...

You end up supporting 1 political view anyway...

But its your forum, you deside...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Peoples avatars

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:26 am

Эй Джейсон(Hey Jason!)
These are words!
Where business?
German Michi,
Also threatened to alter a site
Where... Where... Where...?

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Peoples avatars

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:30 am

P.S Vita
If you not the fascist
Look normal sites

Drozdov
Major

Peoples avatars

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:35 pm

I presume you include my new avatar in that. Although I wouldn't be above 'supporting old governments', as you diplomatically put it, this pic is more to do with WWII. It's a famous photo of the Soviets waving their flag from the top of the Reichstag (like at the end of CoD), although the picture was taken at a staged reconstruction of it rather than at the time. It's a symbol of the end of the war and the defeat of fascism. :P

I don't think that any normal person should have a problem with it?

Having an avatar isn't the same as making racist remarks all the time and causing arguments. It's not just 'speaking about certain issues', it's being an arsehole.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Jason
Administrator

Peoples avatars

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:28 pm

Now now no attacking me, I'm just acting because of what I read on this board. I asked for your feedback... I don't care either way :P but some people here are a little sensitive :wink:

I'm trying to do my job by keeping things friendly around here :?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Peoples avatars

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:18 am

Well then by your standards Drozdov, "normal" people are happy with what the former WW2 SU has done with there parts of the world...

Just becuz you believe in a political view doesnt mean you are rite and all mighty...

There are people that dont agree and will be offended...

If you are gonna moderate a site and block out "political" content, atleast do it for all sides and not just the ones that "normal" people dislike...

And Vadim, I dont understand...

If Im not a facist goto other sites?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Drozdov
Major

Peoples avatars

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:07 am

Very few people should be offended by a Russian waving his flag.

Not sure what being high and mighty has to do with anything.

I don't agree with what you type sometimes, but I'm not offended. Why should someone who disagrees with my political views be offended? It'd be a different matter if I constantly went on about what a bunch of evil bourgeois you are and advocated exterminating you and having a worldwide revolution. But I don't.

Anyway, it's more about stopping offensive behaviour, not political stuff in total. I'd be quite happy never to mention my political thoughts on this forum again.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Peoples avatars

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:33 am

When I say all mighty, I mean...

"Im rite, every1 else worth caring about thinks Im rite"...

I was under the impression that the avatars in question were political...

You are pretty naive to think no 1 would be offended by sum1 promoting "the defeat of fascism"...

I could careless about peoples political feelings as I have said, but if this site wants to be sensitive I think it should be 100% and not halfassed 50%...

Jason
Administrator

Peoples avatars

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:22 am

Quote by -ViTaMiHnM203-
But I think its incredibly contridictory, to lock topics and ban members that speak out about curtin issues but still allow people to have same-level avatars...
Quote by Drozdov
Having an avatar isn't the same as making racist remarks all the time and causing arguments. It's not just 'speaking about certain issues', it's being an arsehole.
Okay. Drozdov stop provoking Vitam, Vitam stop going off your rocket like a child and letting him get to you.

I don't think I have to tell you what will happen if either of you comment further angry01

Avatars can stay. No more political arguments please. Let's talk about H&D3 shall we grin01