hnd.net v4

Have something to say about how the web site looks or how it is run? Post your feedback here.
Jason
Administrator

hnd.net v4

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:22 pm

Hey all,

Sorry for not being around much, that will change. I have just been setting up my future :wink:, yeah all boring stuff!

Any way. While I was gone I learnt how to create real websites :shock: yeah :lol: and my graphics skills have SLIGHTLY improved. So with these new skills I am going to do what I said and re-design hnd.net with a lot more functionality. Listed below are some ideas, feel free to add your own or tell me what you like and don't like.

Site log-ins
I was thinking of making some areas of the site restricted to members only BUT do not fear you will be able to use your forum log-in details as I will connect them :wink:

With the member log-ins I was thinking of making it able for you to create articles such as reviews, walkthroughs, tutorials, submit news and downloads as well.

Downloads
I am going to be placing all downloads in a 'downloads section' so they are not all seperated by the specific game.

Clan database
This would be a listing of all the clans in the community. You would be able to challenge other clans etc. Have an outcomes page. Ideas?

Server database
Like the clan database but a listing of all server avaliable and at what times. With map rotations etc. Ideas?

Mod community
A private section for our mod community? Ideas? :lol:

Just a few basic ideas I have had. I want to hear your thoughts and ideas as well after all this is OUR community and OUR site :wink: and no you can't all be admins :twisted:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

hnd.net v4

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:35 pm

Server Database sounds good.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

hnd.net v4

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:51 am

Well all you said sounds great, lets get this show on the road.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

capthavoc
Lieutenant

soldiers info

Unread post by capthavoc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:17 pm

Nice feature would be
A "rapsheet" for every soldiers name HD 2 uses

and how He play in the game
i mostly use george wingate cause he can carry a lot
good resilant
but he is not very fast
good medic b.t.w

(SOE) dava

hnd.net v4

Unread post by (SOE) dava » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:08 pm

As someone that has returned to the game in the last 24 hours it's good to see a familiar face. So few oldies on the servers?

Good to see you flying the flag still Jas, carry on. SOE applicants can all add their own tags tbh. First free for all clan :)

dutch89
Corporal

new heading

Unread post by dutch89 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:44 am

How about we have a place for all the feedback we get from the game developers. I know it might be small, but it might show them they need to lift the bar with regard to feed back.

Cheers

Jason
Administrator

Re: new heading

Unread post by Jason » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:08 pm

[quote=""dutch89""]How about we have a place for all the feedback we get from the game developers. I know it might be small, but it might show them they need to lift the bar with regard to feed back.

Cheers[/quote]
Hrmm, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this? Can you please explain more :)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

hnd.net v4

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:37 pm

He wants a page, where you list everythign that the devs ever told you were gonna happen with the game.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Drozdov
Major

hnd.net v4

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:50 pm

... no doubt breaking all the confidentiality agreements you probably have with the devs. Would be nice though.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Daniel
Lieutenant

hnd.net v4

Unread post by Daniel » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:43 pm

Hidden and Dangerous deluxe 2 ;) :p

Anonymous

explain more

Unread post by Anonymous » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:54 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- hit the nail on the head with his reply. But also any feed back and info we get from the Dev's can go there - like if they intend making H&D3 after they finish working on H&D2.

If they say they intend relaesing patches/maps on a certain date we can also post it here. After all its easy to find out what the community is doing, when and where because they tell us from time to time.

Hope thats a little clearer Jason?

Cheers

Jason
Administrator

hnd.net v4

Unread post by Jason » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:45 pm

Hrmmm, will see what I can do :)

I'm not going to post anything I don't have permission to post though, I'd like to stay informed by Illusion Softworks PR :wink:

Deluxe2 :?: I dont know of any Deluxe2 *runs

:lol: Nah, um... yeah that is something I need to get off the family pc before it dies!!! :shock: I have a new approach to that project and it will be completed :wink: promise. BTW new approach doesn't mean I am restarting it. It will just be more organised.

KoD
Corporal

hnd.net v4

Unread post by KoD » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:41 pm

Downloads
- all at one place so it's easy identifiable by visitors, categorized by game label and version

Clan database
- clan dbase should consist of links to clan web sites as well info on clan?s founder or war arranger. In addition what I?d like to see is calendar drive data base with options to setup and schedule matches/challenges on individual as well clan basis, similar to CB but not as complex. Add ability send notification to individuals of up coming events by e-mail or PM messages. If you could add Outlook?s capability in terms of scheduling etc. we?d have a winner (could be little too much to ask, perhaps v.5?)

Server database

- real-time dbase of all on-line servers, similar to one showing up under MP or Gamespy or Kali and Admins? contact info or at least a section to place comments or suggestions

Mod community
- sorted by Occupation, Deathmatch, Objective or Coop, so that interested players can access mod section by his/hers interest. I'd consider also adding Partisans and VTM, since both mods play important part of H&D community and its future growth

I hope I'm not asking too much, but remember you asked :)
KoD

Jason
Administrator

hnd.net v4

Unread post by Jason » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:07 am

[quote=""KoD""]I hope I'm not asking too much, but remember you asked :)
KoD[/quote]
The more ideas the better :), I am pretty sure I can do everything you have suggested. Feel free to add as much detail to your suggestions, just makes my jopb easier :wink: :lol:

I'll start working on it all now 8) ...

KoD
Corporal

hnd.net v4

Unread post by KoD » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:43 pm

np. i'll be updating this post with as much as details as possible.

Downloads (Patches)
- This section of the community should contain all downloads related to H&D games. Keep them organized by title of the game and then subcategorize them by version of the patch.

Downlaods (Mods)
- Give mods separate section so it's easier for members to locate what they need, again categorize it by Title then Patch Version. Another option and I don't know if its necessary is to add subfolders categorizing mods by game type, OCC, DM, COOP etc. or just use good description mechanism.
Another idea, and this could be unacceptable by your standards, is to allow few trusted mod developers to upload their latest creations, again requiring them to follow your guide lines as far as placing, providing description and instruction. This way everyone who's interested in acquiring can find latest/greatest in one area.
What we are missing is the comments/bug report section; this can be done by placing a expandable tabular design so that if someone is interested in reading or providing comments can expand [+] and place a brief description.
I could see this done in two columns, on the left executable, right - description and underneath [+] expandable comments tab.

I'll need little more time to get into Clan / Scheduling matches database detail description.

Let me know what you think and if I am on the right track with what you're trying to accomplish.

KoD