The Foes List works!!

Have something to say about how the web site looks or how it is run? Post your feedback here.
Duke0196
Captain

The Foes List works!!

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:46 am

Now that's choice. I swing by to check stuff, and a new member is being "congratulated" because its supposedly their birthday. No problem there but the posts I saw were all obviously SPAM and assume all 20 of their posts are the same garbage. angry01 Well, like the subject title says ... the Foes List works. No more visible garbage. :grin:

Jason
Administrator

Re: The Foes List works!!

Unread post by Jason » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:51 am

lol :lol: glad to hear it does. Some spammers are still getting through, will have to edit the registration process.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:45 am

I just don't know Jason. :-? I wish you luck. I was curious and took a look at the spammer's profile. They apparently ticked all the right boxes, said they were human, etc. Heck, they even added their website and contact info. If bots can do that ... ouch! I see too many nice game forums out there that seem to be getting targeted. :sad: I can't recall if captchas or something similar were used in our registration process. I recall one RPG forum that told you to pick a particular creature or character from pro-offered graphics. Like I said ... good luck.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 am

It's a constant world wide battle against the bots.