New H&D.net Design Concept [DRAFT]

Have something to say about how the web site looks or how it is run? Post your feedback here.
Jason
Administrator

New H&D.net Design Concept [DRAFT]

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:17 am

Hey all,

Just started working on a new design concept last night. Please take a look and let me know what you think of it so far. I'm more of a programmer, so don't judge me too harshly ;)

Click here for the design concept. The game boxes change the menu, click here to see more of an idea of what changes what.

Should I change the colours? Ditch the new menu idea? Any suggestions?

Let me know what you think, constructive criticism welcome :mrgreen:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: New H&D.net Design Concept [DRAFT]

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 am

How do you judge constructiveness? The idea behind it is nice; I think the boxes should be in full color all the time and the instructions on the left should be cut down to 3 words or none at all.  What I think needs changing is the "Home Help Search Profile Logout" on the forum pages. You are moving away from minimalist, slowly, but surely. :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Alex K
Private

Unread post by Alex K » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 am

Looks good. A new colour scheme might bring home the idea of new site/redesign more clearly but it's not a major issue. Perhaps a new screenshot graphic for the banner as well?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the input guys, I have come up with another mock up based on feedback received check out design mock-up version 2 here, please let me know what you think thup01

Btw, the menu won't change with this revised edition, clicking a game box would just take you to that games main area
Last edited by Jason on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Oh, that's great. The colors are great, I love the boxes, love the banner. I don't know why, but I love the original HD and HDDB boxes. What I don't like, still, is the message telling you to click a box and the message you have on the left side. :mrgreen:

I think the area on the left is good for a message of the day type thing, but that little message you have there is... eh.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

AWESOME thup01 thup01
love the eyes, and the combo of gray colors
we are going deep, and we are going hard...

Alex K
Private

Unread post by Alex K » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 am

That looks great - just different enough to say it's a revamp but still with the same core identity. The only change I'd make would be to have an actual game screenshot as the banner. Perhaps a "revolving" one with shots from the different games and showing the various different environments? More work for you though....  grin01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, feel free to submit other ideas if you want. I will work on it over the weekend if not before and see what else comes to life. Stay tuned!