news

Have something to say about how the web site looks or how it is run? Post your feedback here.
Alexander
Captain

news

Unread post by Alexander » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:20 am

not to complain... but i havent seen much news on the site lately....
well... ill just hope that because of the fact that sabre squad features so much quality gameplay that u havent got time to update it :P
Rendevouz with destiny!

Alexander
Captain

news

Unread post by Alexander » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:56 am

okey, okey! i see u getting a job mate! congratulations! this explains why you havent updated the site much lately! :)
i hope the next one to "seize" this site will do... at least almost as good work as you did!

should gladly have done it for you but ... ... what can i say :S my site making skills arent very good.... hehe

(let me know if no one, absolutely no one wants to "work" for you then)

:wink:
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jason
Administrator

news

Unread post by Jason » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:00 pm

I'm still here working behind the scenes :wink:

I have a lot of unseen work to finish.

I will be working about 6 days a week :), so I will only have one day off.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Daniel
Lieutenant

news

Unread post by Daniel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:08 pm

Good luck mate :)

If you don't feel you will have time for deluxe 2, could you please release what you have so far? (IE proper faces for your SAS soldiers and the German ones etc). Of course that's only if you want to.

It's nice that someone like you is trying to kepe this game alive. I am trying to get friends to download it (and even putting on cd for them :D) so hopefully there will be more who get into H&D.

Jason
Administrator

news

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:05 am

The way I have "fixed" the faces is just created different models with different faces. By doing this I must edit every single mission not only to change models but to change every single enemies inventory.

While doing each mission I have been adding enemies & other things :wink:

I should still be able to get it done :D

Daniel
Lieutenant

news

Unread post by Daniel » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:33 pm

does this only work for german soldiers then?

Or is it possible to assign a different model to each character that you can select out of the 20 or so SAS soldiers, so that whichever one you use has the correct face that it shows in their picture? (inc camo and non camo faces)

Grenni
Sergeant

news

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:46 am

[quote=""Jason""]While doing each mission I have been adding enemies & other things :wink:[/quote]
Hey mate, don't forget: raising the quantity of the enemies does not increase the quality of the missions. Rather make the enemies "more intelligent" (*) or reacting differently by using more detectors or changed patroull-routes or such.

(*) like not come storming out of a shack just because you are in 20m range but instead not to come out when you crawl by silently ;)

PS: since you are to change the whole data-file... can you increase the speed of the sneaking motion? It's so painfully slow.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Jason
Administrator

news

Unread post by Jason » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:32 am

About the faces for SAS soldiers I have not been able to get it to work properly but for now I have just placed 4 SAS models with different faces in the maps :?

I'm not sure if I can change the speeds of movement a lot of it is in the game engine or just not availible to change in the fan-editor. I would like to change the stealth animation because it sucks atm :wink: