Item IDs?

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
jacobston
Lieutenant

Item IDs?

Unread post by jacobston » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:37 am

I am wondering what the Item ID is for the black beret worn by that lost soldier in the third-last Sabre Squadron mission. I was trying to Import some interesting uniforms into some of the Coop missions.
I am sorry if this has been asked before, and I would fully understand if I am going to be lynched, thanks.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Item IDs?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:43 pm

What do you mean by import? Do you mean you want to edit the maplist so you can use other uniforms? The Navy, Dark Blue, Eh Black, Beret is 103, but you need to edit the maplist and your preset to get it in your setup. It is not a selectable item.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:56 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Do you mean you want to edit the maplist so you can use other uniforms?
Exactly
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:The Navy, Dark Blue, Eh Black, Beret is 103, but you need to edit the maplist and your preset to get it in your setup. It is not a selectable item.
All I needed to know, Thanks.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Textures

Unread post by jacobston » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:58 pm

New question, same thread.

I need a better quality panel dash board for the jeep. I extracted and found the file and tried to re-texture it myself, but whenever I try do do that sort of thing, it ends up looking like its from an old DOS video game. (Actually, I think Street Rod looks better.) If somebody could give me a link to download some better textures for the jeep, it would be much appreciated.

SQDN LDR Ted Striker
Private

Unread post by SQDN LDR Ted Striker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 pm

well I dunno any good texture mods for H&D2 vehicles, it's just that the original vehicle models are too simple. Same goes for the statics. Old game you know.
I'm not quite sure if new tools will come to make new maps and vehicle models, that would mean a big effort. Maybe in some near future?
I guess first of all we need new vehicle models to make it look like this e.g.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:55 am

Too true. I often wondered how my team survived in the desert for more than a day and a half with no water or food and suffered no effects of dehydration or undernourishment.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 am

With a truck in reserve carrying all the extras.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:With a truck in reserve carrying all the extras.
Then where was it while we were defending the oasis? Why were our supplies and reinforcements air dropped to us if there was a truck already in reserve? Why did we have to find a new truck if there already was one?

But there is certainly a lot of work that would need to be done to HD2 to, for lack of a better term, "modernize" it. I tried a while ago just toying with the uniforms and spent an hour looking at getting a trench coat for the Germans. All I pretty much did was put the original German infantry uniform textures over the German arctic white suit set thingy. It wasn't bad for an hours work, but it still needs the model and the textures fixed a lot.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:03 am

jacobston wrote:Then where was it while we were defending the oasis? Why were our supplies and reinforcements air dropped to us if there was a truck already in reserve? Why did we have to find a new truck if there already was one?
It was at a safe location outside of the battle-space. I never went through the part with reinforcements being airdropped... but I'd say because there was an opportunity... we were at a navigable location, they could find it from the air, they did not know how long we would be in the field. As for the new vehicle, well because we needed a vehicle. Our vehicle just so happened to give up right within striking distance of the oasis. Might as well get a new vehicle. Furthermore we needed an enemy vehicle to use as an infiltration method.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:55 am

OK, Mr Answers, tell me this...
Why couldn't we have had the mechanic fix the Flak Truck for us? They're the same type of truck, so he could have waited for the engine to cool and replaced the radiator and whatever else was damaged. Why couldn't we have taken the Half Track? And while I'm at it, why is there no MG mount on the half track? The turrets on the tanks swivel unrealistically fast, the Flack truck seems to have a stabilized gun and there even seems to be a spot on the half track for a mount, but there is no way to even shoot from it.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:46 am

Are you offended?

Well... of course I never brought the flak truck to that location, it was the jeep... so that never came up for me... but in that case, it is a limitation of the game. They expect you to have the jeep, and they want you to not be using the jeep, and for the flak they don't want you having the firepower.

If you want me to address it from a realistically justifiable standpoint... Well... they might be out of the parts, they just finished fixing the other truck. They need a vehicle badly, don't fuck with what is already working. Then of course there was the attack, the vehicle we left was swarmed by enemy reinforcements... it might not be there anymore, or even still operational.

Same thing goes for the half tracks. For me I destroyed them, but it also is not a prudent method of transportation. Especially given our cover story, did they say we were transporting uniforms or something? I need to watch the intro again.

No MG mount again, because of the "balance" attributed to the game, I can't see another reason for it. There are no man portable MGs like that. They are just not in the game because of that retched balance. Too much of a stretch to say they ran out of MGs throughout each theater of operations. Oh I know... the kill squads confiscated them for killing innocent civilians.

Yep... turrets suck... I will usually take my time spinning the turret on purpose. I let my tank get destroyed in multiplayer a lot because of it.

Anything else?

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Are you offended?
No, I just like to argue. You?
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Anything else?
No, I'm satisfied for now.
Last edited by jacobston on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SQDN LDR Ted Striker
Private

Unread post by SQDN LDR Ted Striker » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Turret rotation speed.
If you can tell me how long the real tanks needed for a full rotation of the turret, I could make new H&D2 models (no overwriting of original models) for that, it can be adjusted in the model file.
I guess for the Tiger 1 it is a minute. I found no values for the PanzerIII, Puma and the Sherman. The Panther I won’t mod because this model seems to be buggy :-?
Maybe it would not work on a dedicated server but would be worth a try.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:35 am

Where in the model file is it? Also, can you tell me where in the model file for the BAR, is the scale of the weapon? grin01

Well probably... Sherman 15 seconds, Panther 18 seconds, Panzer III 90 seconds. Puma, not sure, maybe about 90 seconds as well. The biggest problem with the Puma is the reverse speed, the speed in reverse should be the same as forward.
jacobston wrote:No, I just like to argue. You?
I like to argue. funny02

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:11 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:I like to argue. funny02
You? I couldn't tell... (sarcasm)
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:I will usually take my time spinning the turret on purpose. I let my tank get destroyed in multiplayer a lot because of it.
I bet the other guys in the tank loved that... (more sarcasm :mrgreen: )

As for the tanks, sounds amazing. I myself have never had the patience to do that sort of thing: I'm a writer, not a programmer ;)