The Ship

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

The Ship

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 pm

Has anyone played the ship - far from a war game but definitely fun :mrgreen:

http://www.theshiponline.com/

Basically you're on a cruise ship - the maps are different ships - you and the AI are passengers who are meant to kill each other. You have to find items and kill the person you are assigned, it tells you there last known position and you have to interact with others to find out their identity. There is a time limit and you get points based on the weapon used. The weapons can be any item from a candle stick to a base ball bat. If you get caught by a camera or a guard then you go to the brig for a short period of time and you only have a set amount of time to get the person you are assigned to. The catch is that you need to take care of yourself like in the sims. You need to eat, drink, talk to people, entertain yourself, shower and go to the toilet as well as sleep (people can literally kill you in your sleep, in the game). It's a funny animated game.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

wanderer1825
Sergeant

Re: The Ship

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:26 pm

Is there a demo?
I couldn't see one.
Looks fun though, I might buy it.

Tony

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:46 am

Hrmmm I guess not: http://forum.theshiponline.com/showthre ... light=demo

But you can get a free pass to play it. Not the best way to promote a game, it was originally a mod for Half Life - it's change a lot no doubt.

I bought it for $29.95 - definitely worth the money and I rarely pay that much for games, I'm cheap funny01

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:06 am

I had a go at this when it was on a free weekender a while back. It was good fun and quite different to anything else i've played before. The concept is quite simple but all the stuff you have to do makes it fairly complex but this only makes it more interesting as you have to make sure you're watching your back all the time. Its great all the different ways you can get people although you can see why they went for the cartoony graphics- it would be pretty gruesome if it was realistic. :shock:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:03 am

Do you need Steam to play this?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 am

Yeah you do... I'm kind of over this game now but it was fun, still have the occasional game of it.