Other Coop War (FPS) Games

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
petey
Private

Unread post by petey » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:00 am

Hi all,

I'm sure this topic has been done to death on many an occasion, but i have to ask:

Are there any other (recent) war first person shooters that can be played cooperatively?

Mission based is preferable; I'm not (neccessarily) looking for games that people have just programmed bots for. H&DSS Coop seems ideal since it is built into the design of the levels. I can't seem to find many other games around..

Does anyone have favourites or ideas?

Thanks,
Pete.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42 am

H&D Deluxe.
Self-explanationary.

Medal of Honor - Allied Assault and it?s expansion Spearhead.
There is a decent co-op mod for them, even though it has some bugs around. It is fun to play, especially if you use some realism mod for challenge.

Operation Flashpoint, it?s expansions + mods.
Also great for co-op, especially FDF is good mod, also I44 if you need some common WWII stuff.

Brothers in Arms - Earned in Blood.
Also great game for cooping, even though there are only five maps for Americans and five for Germans, they are fun to play as the AI is very good and there are multiple gametypes, like defend, beat the clock, tour of duty and so on, for co-op. And it reguires teamwork, as other player leads assault squad and other one leads firing squad.

I think there are all I can get into my mind at the moment.

PS: Topic moved to *proper* section.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

dutch89
Corporal

Swat 4

Unread post by dutch89 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:33 am

Swat 4 is i great coop lan game, and the single player modes not bad too. H and D2 could learn a thing or two about controling the team from this game. Just right mouse click and chose command for your team. Im sure HD2 fans will like this game.

Cheers