DayZ - Arma 2 mod

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

DayZ - Arma 2 mod

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:45 am

Has anyone checked out the Arma 2 mod called DayZ yet? I'm sure you have heard about it by now, if you haven't check it out here: http://dayzmod.com/ You will need Operation Arrowhead to play the mod. I'm using the Green Man Gaming version of the game, had to edit the registry to make it work though.

It's a survival game, multiplayer only, zombies, death... sadness and tears... blood... danger :twisted: You can be friendly or not so friendly to fellow players on the server. You have to scavenge items such as food and water, guns and ammo to survive. You get the items from towns in the big Arma 2 map or from other players if you so wish...

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Re: DayZ - Arma 2 mod

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:08 am

Arma II has increased in sales. The advent of the Day Z mod put Arma as the No. 1 downloaded game on steam from relative obscurity. And Bohemia has been motivated to allocate funding of the project so as to promote the series in anticipation for the III game.
Last edited by Capt. Stirling on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:20 am

Capt. Stirling wrote:Apparently this mod as raised the price in Arma II along with an increase of sales.
It's definitely increased sales which is good but the price of the game has not raised at all. Even if you don't like Arma II, paying $29.99 for Combined Operations (Arma II and Operation Arrowhead) is well worth it for DayZ, it will give you so much more in return - memories :grin:

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm

My apologies for the misinformation. Edited my previous as needed. That's what late night posting gets you. Was having a look at some of the standalone expansions. In fact I originally bought my brother Reinforcements as a gift. As I did not have a comp that could run Arma II until recently.

As a point of discussion, I love Bohemia's work since the beginning and I'm more than happy to supply them the money they deserve in purchasing their expansions. Bought the original Arma (Op. Flashpoint) back in the day. Its actually the zombie mod that is of no interest to me. I've always the loathed this macabre phenomena.

I did notice that the Commando missions for the Invasion 1944 mod are quite reminiscent of the H&D atmos and could even give us a picture of what H&D3 might have looked like if it was produced in the last few years.