Iron Front - Liberation 1944

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Iron Front - Liberation 1944

Unread post by Jason » Tue May 08, 2012 9:40 am

A new tactical shooter game coming out at the end of the month (May 25th). It's based on the Arma 2 game but it's a standalone game.

Read a preview here: http://simhq.com/_land3/land_127a.html
Game's website: http://ironfront.deepsilver.com/en/

Whitehead221
Private

Re: Iron Front - Liberation 1944

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:39 am

I saw this a while back, but am disappointed that it uses the Arma 2 engine. I feel that Arma is too choppy and the game is terrible in how the AI can see through foliage. The desert version was not bad, but any CQB and woodland combat is near impossible to play. I am in high hopes that Arma 3 is much smoother than its predecessor.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

You are right about the CQB and foliage, this is terrible, it does feel choppy at times especially on older computers, making the desert environments favorable, but you are mainly supposed to play from an overall point of view, using a lot of combined arms.

For example on my favorite game mode, when retaking control of an entire island, I would usually play solo or with a small team only using a chopper to insert near the area, then doing the rest on foot with a laser designator. If you have other people playing, like it should be, and I feel is the only way to play, you get some one up in the sky dropping bombs on your lased targets. By the time you enter a town most if not all opposition is dead, and when it doubt use grenades and call support, peak around corners before entering a well concealed area. So far from impossible!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 am

oooo! this looks good.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 am

I haven't played much Arma II so I'm finding the game difficult to get into but it looks really good. I bought the Steam version and I've had a few random crashes to the desktop. There are 2 patches out but they aren't available for the Steam version yet so I suggest you get the game from GamersGate over Steam (it's the same price). Hopefully it will stop crashing and I'll be able to play it a bit more. It has potential to be great fun...

[Update] Well, bugger me. First level, HAMMERED the AI together :twisted: ... second level :oops: but they had tanks, they seemed to have a lot more tanks than us! Very annoying when you don't know who is shooting you though. Was it the tank's MGer or some random soldier!? Very fun.