What is your favorite game genre?

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.

RPG
17%
Adventure
17%
FPS/TPS
No votes
Tactical Shooter
50%
Simulation
17%
Sports
No votes
Racing
No votes
Strategy
No votes
Action/Strategy
No votes

Total votes: 6

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 pm

What is your favorite game genre? Vote for one option and tell us why you chose this option.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Jason
Administrator

Re: What is your favorite game genre?

Unread post by Jason » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 am

My favourite is tactical shooter because it often involves a lot of elements including managing several units/soldiers, using tactics and strategy which is essentially puzzle solving. They often involve using stealth as well which adds to the strategy and puzzle solving. It's great to have action, strategy and stealth all in one game. In my opinion these games really offer it all in terms of gameplay and often the story is pretty entertaining as well but gameplay is king.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:50 pm

@Jason,

Since you like puzzle solving maybe you should try playing an adventure game for a change. Duke bought Syberia 1 & 2 together with Amerzone and I think he was hooked on them. Give it a shot, Adventure games are pretty cheap, especially older ones. Check out this on-line shop. It doesn't get any cheaper than this one.

Of course, if you don't like dowloadable games you can always buy a new one at play.com (items ship from UK), it is also very cheap. Tell me what you think about my suggestion.

Take Care
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:38 am

geosouv wrote:Duke bought Syberia 1 & 2 together with Amerzone and I think he was hooked on them.
Actually I've played adventure games back when they were still text only commands on my Commodore 64.

I did enjoy the Syberia games but never was able to get the video working right with AmerZone. It could be a Windows 7 thing, an AMD thing, etc. I'll have to remember to write Iceberg for possible solutions since I haven't found any online.

Zunami
Corporal

Unread post by Zunami » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 am

I like RPG's mostly. More choices, better stories and such. As I usually never play a game more than once, it's important to me that the story leaves a good impression and that I remember my own "play style".

Tactical shooters hold a strong second place however, and I don't think the two genre's are mutually exclusive.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:37 am

I voted simulation. I have always been into the Microsoft Flight Simulators, particularly because I love aircraft and because they are really easy to mod. I've been making my own "Luftwaffe Afrika Korps" campaign for CFS2 and adding the airfields is really no more than finding the GPS coordinates, the heading and the altitude of the location and punching those numbers into a text document.