GTA 4 query

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Grimples
Major

Re: GTA 4 query

Unread post by Grimples » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Vit, what name you using on the servers. Have to say am getting kicked from 90% of them because my name is not acceptable, even Grimples_Grim, what a bunch of childish fukwits.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 am

Ha...ha...ha... :lol: funny01

I know what you mean; stop joining the "RolePlay" servers. :mrgreen: It depends on what server I am on really, I don't find my self on the RolePlay servers anymore. Try Grim_Ples, that is sure to work!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Bighouse
Sergeant

Unread post by Bighouse » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

"Games for Windows" means that you need to have a Windows Live ID. When you play GTA4, you need to login to your Live ID in order to save your progress. Everything is saved on a MS server.

Game is nice but that extra logging and stuff is just irritating. GTA4 is obviously designed for console play and PC port has been done awfully. Driving is horrible if you compare it to previous GTA games. Also graphics are not that much better.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Bighouse wrote: Also graphics are not that much better.
The expansion packs for GTA4 look good and with some of the hi-def texture mods around it looks pretty damn good :shock:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:04 am

I did a full XP Pro SP3 install yesterday, installed GTA 4, managed to get it activated manually (i just couldn't not allow myself to give it internet access, totally against my grain) & then the game would not start because i deleted the folder err.. i cannot remember the name of it but it was something to do with the game community. I will never go back to it unless there's a hacked copy out there somewhere.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am

So now you are on Windows XPista. :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:15 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: So now you are on Windows XPista. :mrgreen:
Nevar! I thought you knew me better than that. I do now use XP SP3 but it's stripped/hacked to the bare bones. I still have SP1 on another drive, i formatted that for the (temporary) full SP3 install, tis now gone & my SP1 is back on it which i keep for backup.
I have my SP1 & SP3 packed with winrar, to replace my SP1 after the full SP3 install i just unpacked it back onto the formatted drive. so simple.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Thank goodness gracious we. :mrgreen: