[Wii] GoldenEye (2010)

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

[Wii] GoldenEye (2010)

Unread post by Jason » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:18 am

I rarely play console games these days but there are some exceptions, like Bond grin01

Santa gave me a copy of GoldenEye for the Wii, the game is a remake of the 1997 Nintendo 64 version of the game. I loved the original like most N64 gamers. It was amazingly fun game to play, just pure gaming fun with friends. Being both a James Bond movie fan and a N64 GoldenEye fan I was both excited and worried about the remake.

It's definitely not the same game, from a single player story perspective they have update it to make more sense in this day and age. The 1995 movie which the 1997 game was made from is one of my favourites. The idea of a OO agent gone bad tickles my Bond bone. But the updates they have made to the story are so far, shit, hate them and fuck them for changing it. You would think that having Daniel Craig voice the character it would be great? Yeah, he can't voice act for shit. Sorry mate, you're a great updated era Bond for the films but when it comes to voice acting. He just sounds like a bored British person. The gameplay is of course updated to be like the standard bullshit they make today. Your ability to control the character suddenly gets over taken for a cutscene then they expect you not to fall asleep and pay attention to the screen so you can press a button. Yeah thanks. I hate games that treat you like a fucking child. The graphics look amazing for this Wii game. I didn't know the Wii could look so damn good. The trailers for the game did not do the graphics justice.

Multiplayer is where the effort has been placed. It's fun to play against friends offline and online. There is no chat online which is shit, so you can't make friends or really communicate with your team. But you don't need to chat to still have a great time. This game is one of the best multiplayer games around. Get it for this part of it alone. Bots would have been great. Split screen online multiplayer would have been cool as well. It's just as fun as the original to play but it's not the same so don't expect it to be. You will be pleasantly surprised. They did a better job than Perfect Dark N64 that's for sure!

I haven't finished the story yet but compared to the original it can eat shit. It looks great but it's not fun. Play the multiplayer for that. Good job Eurocom, only just.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jason
Administrator

Re: [Wii] GoldenEye (2010)

Unread post by Jason » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:07 pm

I just finished GoldenEye 2010 :cry: my god that was shit. What is gaming these days? Press L, Press R, Press B... WOW how fucking fun... they butchered the story. Fucking awful.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial