World at War

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

World at War

Unread post by Jason » Mon May 18, 2009 5:02 pm

I just played a cool game called World at War, it has cooperative play and you can fight zombies (in a special game mode) all during World War 2 :mrgreen: Imagine being locked in a house, zombies coming from all sides. They are coming through the windows. You have to fight them back, patch up the windows and the only way to get better weapons is to unlock areas of the map - making it harder to defend but easier to kill them!

Take a look at Zombie killing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsKdbWNi3cI

I managed 110 until they swamped me at round 8

Call of Duty World at War is fun... so far, only played the zombie part! Don't be judgemental, just fucking play it :lol:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jason
Administrator

Re: World at War

Unread post by Jason » Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

I've just been playing the game COOP with a friend and it is pretty good. The visuals of the game are very impressive. I was very impressed with the water/river effects, looked so real. There are forest fires in the game and they are just amazing. The game environment is so hectic and frantic. Your fellow soldiers get in the way, which is the worst thing about it so far - they are just so stupid. It runs a little slow in some places but a lot is going on and my graphics card is very old, it still playable of course. The game is definitely worth a look.

I have Call of Duty 4 on my Playstation 3 but I didn't like that one. I haven't played many of the other COD games, only the first. It's something to play until Battlefield 1943 comes out grin01
Last edited by Jason on Tue May 19, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue May 19, 2009 3:44 pm

I liked COD4 .. had a good story and some nice maps .. but I hate COD5. Again the stupid leveldesign as in COD1+2. I even begin to think that the last MOH:AA has an better design than that one ... well COD games alway are for me an waiste of time .. even every game just needed 5 hours to be completed  :mrgreen:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 am

What about the Zombie maps? did you not find them fun? Did you play COOP?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed May 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Played it once... would have found it better if they have added the optionals from COD4 ... slowdown and fraggranades

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Did anyone get beyond the zombies?

I'm interested in the Pacific (versus Japanese) campaign.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat May 28, 2011 5:31 pm

From memory (which is never that good :oops:) you may find this to have some of the best Pacific levels... but don't yell at me later if you buy it and find out it doesn't :P There was more of you fighting the japanese than germans in this game and the levels looked nice but personally I prefer killin' nazi's than japanese soldiers during WW2 games. For a Pacific game you probably can't go wrong with WaW but it is short so be warned!

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Sounds good and I promise no yelling.  How 'bout some loud grumbling?

Prefer Nazis to Japanese eh?  You're definitely not from Darwin.  :lol:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 am

Jason wrote: From memory (which is never that good :oops:) you may find this to have some of the best Pacific levels... but don't yell at me later if you buy it and find out it doesn't :P There was more of you fighting the japanese than germans in this game and the levels looked nice but personally I prefer killin' nazi's than japanese soldiers during WW2 games. For a Pacific game you probably can't go wrong with WaW but it is short so be warned!
Jason, your take was spot on.  WAW's Pacific campaign was quite enjoyable. Ta mate.  thup01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 am

Glad to hear you like it, they really need to make some more unique Pacific WW2 games.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Jason wrote: Glad to hear you like it, they really need to make some more unique Pacific WW2 games.
  You won't get any argument from me but I know the money isn't in it. :sad:  I'm sure WAW sales would not have been as good if they didn't add the Russian campaign (boy, wasn't that Sergeant just a tad over in the Patriotic rhetoric?).

That's probably why WAW's Pacific campaign ended in Okinawa considering most Pacific missions are normally beach landings, bunkers, tunnels, and jungles.  No loose ends if the game didn't do well.  MoH Pacific Assault (MoHPA) ended in mid-1943 for a possible sequel which never happened.

LJzDaddy
Private

Unread post by LJzDaddy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Not sure if you guys have heard of this one yet but it's an expansion to Heroes of Stalingrad - when its released.

As Heroes of Stalingrad - the player will be able to take the part of either side ? American or Japanese ?playing through the Campaign Mode alone or with friends, or battle it out online in full player versus player multi-player.

http://www.risingstormgame.com/
Last edited by LJzDaddy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks for the heads-up LJzDaddy.   thup01 Definitely something to keep an eye on.  :grin:
Last edited by Duke0196 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.