Any way to restore gibs?

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
RobinHoodSmedley
Private

Any way to restore gibs?

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:47 pm

as title, is there a way to restore gibs in the deluxe?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Any way to restore gibs?

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:43 am

RobinHoodSmedley wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:47 pm
as title, is there a way to restore gibs in the deluxe?
Well, not directly in vanilla H&D Deluxe as far as i know, but some mods already have this feature - which could be enabled or disabled in HDD Editor. I am talking about i.e. H&D Extended Mod, H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod or Hidden and Dangerous Vanilla Extended. All of those mods could be found on ModDB website: https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dangerous/mods

There is an option called "Enable throw to pieces".

You need to enable this option using HDD Editor by editing Game configuration table (select File -> Edit table -> Game config in the editor), then export the edited game_cfg.tab file somewhere to your hard drive (i.e. desktop) and replace the game_cfg.tab file stored inside your data.dta archive (located in your H&D Deluxe / data directory) with the newly edited one using Winrar (select Compression method - Store).

See attached pictures below.

"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

RobinHoodSmedley
Private

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:19 pm

Thanks, I already had the vanilla extended installed but didn't know I could do it with it tbh.

I tried this now but after I'm done replacing the new modified data.dta, I can't get the game to launch anymore.
I very briefly get a small window at the center of the screen that instantly disappears.
The only thing I applied other than the mod itself is the decensor one from here https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dang ... d-decensor but I don't think it should affect it so I'm probably doing something wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I should probably replace the uncensored folders manually through the editor, since I've realized the built-in setup.exe of this one is probably the one messing up something.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:45 pm

I edited the data.dta archive from the Hidden and Dangerous Vanilla Extended mod for you by enabling the throw to pieces option in HDD Editor leaving other files / options as default.

Unpack the content of the attached RAR archive into your H&D Deluxe / data directory (i.e. C:\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace files when asked.

I had no crash / error at game start when using this modified file.

Now you will be able to see soldiers getting blown up by explosions like in the classic H&D 1.

P.S. I don't think that the Decensor mod has anything to do with that. I am also using this mod and it never caused any problems for me.
Attachments
data.rar
(559.89 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

RobinHoodSmedley
Private

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:10 pm

Thanks so much, it worked perfectly! thup01
For safety I manually decensored the game by following this guide since I don't have additional files around and it's more clean.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:49 am

There is also a throwtopieces.i3d model that is required to have gibs flying around. Its not included in vanilla extended, but its in extended mod. I can later make an upload for you. The file has to be added to models.dta.

RobinHoodSmedley
Private

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 am

What that does? I remember that in the normal H&D you could see soldiers body parts partially wounded (like just losing 1 leg, 1 arm, etc) but I realised lately that everytime there's an explosion you ends up with just a torso on the ground.
If it's what you mean that would be awesome!

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:26 am

The technology of HD Classic soldiers is different from the ones of Deluxe. In classic the model was made of different parts (arms, legs, etc.). In Deluxe the whole body is one part. So it can't be split anymore.

The workaround is that the throwtopieces.i3d is a human model from classic with no torso. Its used for displaying flying gibs. After that it disappears. The arms and legs of the original body remain and get shrinked to size 0. Thats why you only see the dead torso.

In classic was a little random factor so that not all gibs were cut off. In Extended i made all gibs fly away.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:30 pm

It was still dope though....I liked it.

RobinHoodSmedley
Private

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:24 am

I was unaware of those technicalities. It feels like going back to how devs originally fixed things with smart solutions and I love it.