Download H&D Deluxe FREE!

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:18 pm

For those that don't know yet, you can download the full free version of Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe, just follow the link > http://www.gamershell.com/download_3644.shtml or from http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/hidden ... e.exe.html
Enjoy! thup01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

pukey123
Lieutenant

Re: Download H&D Deluxe FREE!

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:55 pm

[quote=""Jason""]For those that don't know yet, you can download the full free version of Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe, just follow the link > http://www.gamershell.com/download_3644.shtml or from http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/hidden ... e.exe.html
Enjoy! thup01[/quote]

I just bought H&D Deluxe before I knew of the free download. My CD is Version 1.50; the free download is Version 1.51. Either one is not working for me. If the game loads I never get a complete menu. I click maybe 15-20 times and a partial menu will show, like Load, Resume; and once in a great while Controls. Most of the time after I click to load the game my screen goes black and I have to reboot. I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out what's wrong; including talking with Take2 and they are researching my problem. Is there a later version or patch that might fix this situation? I know it's an old game but after playing H&D2 I am addicted and want to play Deluxe as well as Sabre Squadron, which I also purchased. Any and all advice, suggestions, etc., will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
pukey
pukey123

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:01 pm

There is only one version outside of deluxe the cd version 1.50 and the download version 1.51 the only diffrence between them is the advertising and that you need no cd.
If you can?t see any menues try downgrading your drivers or start deluxe in the save mode

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:37 pm

[quote=""Lars""]There is only one version outside of deluxe the cd version 1.50 and the download version 1.51 the only diffrence between them is the advertising and that you need no cd.
If you can?t see any menues try downgrading your drivers or start deluxe in the save mode[/quote]

Thanks Lars: I'll sure try what you suggest. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:05 pm

[quote=""pukey123""][quote=""Lars""]There is only one version outside of deluxe the cd version 1.50 and the download version 1.51 the only diffrence between them is the advertising and that you need no cd.
If you can?t see any menues try downgrading your drivers or start deluxe in the save mode[/quote]

Thanks Lars: I'll sure try what you suggest. All the best.
pukey[/quote]

Lars: I tried Safe Mode and the same thing happened - black desktop and I had to reboot. Also, I spoke too soon earlier in that I don't know what you mean by "downgrading your drivers". If you have time please tell me what and how to do whatever to my drivers. Thanks again.
pukey
pukey123

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:32 pm

Hmm normaly you will only see no menu text and not a black screen. Try run it in a window mode to see if something will pop up. You might or should be able always to quit the game via alt+F4
I guess that you use an nvidea card. Try to find the 45.23 drivers from the nvidea site or download them from here: http://www.hidden-and-dangerous2.com/do ... ile_id=187
Most FX cards has many problems with newer drivers and deluxe. If you use an ati card .. I don?t know .. :(

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:03 am

[quote=""Lars""]Hmm normaly you will only see no menu text and not a black screen. Try run it in a window mode to see if something will pop up. You might or should be able always to quit the game via alt+F4
I guess that you use an nvidea card. Try to find the 45.23 drivers from the nvidea site or download them from here: http://www.hidden-and-dangerous2.com/do ... ile_id=187
Most FX cards has many problems with newer drivers and deluxe. If you use an ati card .. I don?t know .. :([/quote]

I use Nvidia GeForceFX5200 and it works well with H&D2; but not this game so far. I'll try again Lars and sure appreciate your help.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:26 pm

[quote=""Lars""]Hmm normaly you will only see no menu text and not a black screen. Try run it in a window mode to see if something will pop up. You might or should be able always to quit the game via alt+F4
Most FX cards has many problems with newer drivers and deluxe. If you use an ati card .. I don?t know .. :([/quote]

Lars, it looks like I'm out of luck. I tried Safe Mode and your suggested web page and my screen goes black. Also, downloaded 45.23 Nvidia driver and the same thing happened. So I went back to my current driver, 81.29. But, the best thing that happened is my acquaintance with you and you very unselfish desire to help a fellow gamer. Thanks and all the best.
pukey
pukey123

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Last thing I have to ask... witch 3d Graficcard have you choosen in the Insanity 3D Setup?

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:06 am

[quote=""Lars""]Last thing I have to ask... witch 3d Graficcard have you choosen in the Insanity 3D Setup?[/quote]

I missed this message Lars. My graphics card is Nvidia fx5200, 128mb.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:18 am

Well I?ve been hearing some stuff from some people I know that new FX cards may not work with H&DD. I have myself pretty old GF4 at the moment but so far, it has run H&DD without any problems.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:10 am

My 5950 and 5700 work fine...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:55 pm

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]My 5950 and 5700 work fine...[/quote]

Thanks. I don't know why my FX5200 doesn't work. Reported it to Take 2 and they have referred it to a "higher level"of tech support in their organization. The same thing happens whether I download the free version, 1.51, or from my CD. In both cases I can barely see the start page and can hear the clicking as I move my cursor; but no picture that would allow me to play the game. If this is ever solved I will let everybody know. Thanks for your interest.
pukey
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:26 pm

Wait, you see a "black" screen?

Or you see grafixs?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:49 pm

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]Wait, you see a "black" screen?

Or you see grafixs?[/quote]

When I try to load the game, the screen goes black, then when I move the cursor I hear the opening scene music and detonation. When I turn off the light in the room I can just barely make out the opening page, which is the H&D logo. After that I can click on the lower left hand corner which then sets up my ability to exit and go back to my desktop. During this time the screen stays black. Concluding, it seems that I need to find out how to increase the brightness; although at one time a Take2 Tech Support gentleman said he didn't think that could be done. I sure hope you or someone can tell me how this problem can be solved. This problem exists with my CD as well as the free download. Thanks for your interest.
pukey
pukey123