H&D Deluxe Windows Vista, 7, 8 Multiplayer Fix

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
TechGremlin
Private

H&D Deluxe Windows Vista, 7, 8 Multiplayer Fix

Unread post by TechGremlin » Sat May 02, 2015 6:14 pm

This fix was found on the Steam forums for the game Nexus: The Jupiter Incident here, but I have found that it works for H&D Deluxe as well.

DirectPlay actually works with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and I think 10 as well, but in Vista Microsoft removed the VOIP feature from it which appears to be what prevents a host session from starting.
This fix basically tricks the game (and any old DirectPlay game on your PC) into assuming that DirectPlay VOIP works, it won't, but there are plenty of better ways to use voice chat now anyway :grin:

I have rewritten the instructions slightly for H&D and made it slightly clearer but all credit should go to Firedragonweb on the Steam Forums:

- Download
Nexus MP fix for Vista and 7.rar
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 1418 times
- Copy the dll in that rar file to a simple directory, I recommend your H&D Bin directory where the exe is
- open a command shell as Administrator(start menu: type cmd, right click, click run as administrator)
- Switch to %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ (type: cd %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727)
- Register the dll. (type: regasm [Insert Your H&D Directory Here]\DvoiceEmul.dll /codebase)
- There should be some warnings and finally it should tell you that the types have been registered successfully.
- You should no longer have errors when clicking Host using TCP/IP Networking and should be able to host a game.
- If you wish to move or delete the dll file, you must first regasm [Insert Your H&D Directory Here]\DvoiceEmul.dll /u to unregister it.

Jason
Administrator

Re: H&D Deluxe Windows Vista, 7, 8 Multiplayer Fix

Unread post by Jason » Sat May 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Thank you very much TechGremlin

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat May 09, 2015 1:18 pm

You are my Hero! thup01

Petethegoat
Private

Unread post by Petethegoat » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Hey, thanks for the fix!

I signed up to link this mirror for the fix, which includes a .bat installer to simplify it a bit.

Here's the direct download too: https://github.com/Petethegoat/DirectPl ... iceFix.zip

Czary
Private

Unread post by Czary » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello, the only reason why I've kept Win XP as a second OS, was H&D D coop in multiplayer. I've just checked seting server on a Win8 tablet and it works fine. Thank you very much.