The guns of Navarone - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

The guns of Navarone - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with you my thirtieth created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "The guns of Navarone".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the rar archives into your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace data.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "The guns of Navarone" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

Greece, 1943. 2000 British troops need to be evacuated from the island of Cheros. However, the evacuation fleet will be in the range of the German artillery from the small island of Navarone. Our objectives are to put time-bombs near the guns and escape using enemy patrol boat. We will arrive into Navarone by ship disguised as a fishing boat to not raise suspicion. Then we need to climb the rope up to the cliff's peak. Fortunately for us the Germans don't expect anyone to be able to do that. According to Greek resistance the guns are located behind armored steel doors - we will need to blow them up. The best place to put each time-bomb will be close to the artillery shells located at each gun platform - this will create a explosive chain reaction. The complex is supplied by sea, so there should be a patrol boat somewhere. Good luck!

CREDITS

The gun model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.

IMPORTANT INFO

I created a new inventory item called "Time-bomb with amatol". Equip two of them into the mission and place in appropriate spots to fulfill the first mission objective. The armored steel doors could be destroyed using standard time-bomb (there are description differences between each time-bomb types in the inventory).

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If you downloaded my mission add-on please give me your feedback. I am waiting your comment. :grin:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I re-uploaded the data.rar and The guns of Navarone.rar files once again. It seems, that there were some missing files inside those 2 archives. I apologize for that.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated version 10.11.2017
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 448 times
The guns of Navarone.rar
Updated version 17.09.2017
(8.12 MiB) Downloaded 469 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: The guns of Navarone - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Below i posted 1 image from "The guns of Navarone" mission add-on.
Attachments
The guns of Navarone.JPG
The guns of Navarone.JPG (78.95 KiB) Viewed 14390 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 pm

You even reenacted the movie?!
LOL, I need to replay the game.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 pm
You even reenacted the movie?!
LOL, I need to replay the game.
Hello Myron,

i tried to be as close to the movie as possible, without the "spies and treason" plot that Alistair Macclean loves so much in most of his books ;). Moreover, i came across almost identical guns on the Internet that was used in the movie, but unfortunately there were some problems to put models into the game (distorted models after importing from 3ds Max). So, i decided to put those ones presented on the attached photo: http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-32760.html. I just added another skin to them - the green one would not fit to the mission so well.

In the original movie You see as the whole fortress explodes - i decided only to play the "explosion sounds" taken from the movie when the player gets close to the patrol boat at the end of the mission. Making a destroyable model of mountain in H&D Deluxe would be nearly impossible.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm

By "spies", you mean that pretty girl?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm
By "spies", you mean that pretty girl?
Yes, i think so. I watched this film a long time ago.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Yeah, I hate little plot twists like that. She was so young and pretty. If only she turned herself over to them.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Hmm, there seems to be literally no way to select the special bombs and the silenced Sten-gun

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:20 pm
Hmm, there seems to be literally no way to select the special bombs and the silenced Sten-gun
You are right. There were some models missing from the mission's archive. I just re-uploaded the mission. Please download it again - it should be OK now. I tested the mission and the updated data.dta file as well.

I apologize for that - i simply forgot to put those files inside "The guns of Navarone.rar" archive, because i already had them in the H&D Deluxe game directory, so they were visible in the inventory setup screen and could be selected to equip.

Below i posted 3 pictures to prove that now everything is OK. If there are still some problems regarding this mission please let me know and i will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Please note, that even if the Sten MKIIS is in reality a silenced weapon, it still could be heard by enemy in H&D Deluxe. I tried to fix that with the help of NilsZ, but this cannot be done - this feature is simply hardcoded. However, the Sten MKIIS shooting sound is authentical. The only real "silenced" weapon in H&D Deluxe is the knife. As for the time-bomb with Amatol - it cannot explodes, this is only a model added for "The guns of Navarone" mission purpose to place it in appropriate spot to fulfill one of the mission objectives.

EDIT(18.09.2017): This mission was tested today on the Windows 10 32-bit OS PC and everything was OK. Earlier it was tested on Windows XP 32-bit OS with the same positive results.
Attachments
Actual mission.JPG
Actual mission.JPG (57.88 KiB) Viewed 14107 times
Mission inventory setup.JPG
Mission inventory setup.JPG (109.85 KiB) Viewed 14107 times
Campaign inventory setup.JPG
Campaign inventory setup.JPG (106.14 KiB) Viewed 14107 times