Beach boys - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Beach boys - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:28 am

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with you my fourth created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "Beach boys".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the rar archives into your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace the data.dta and models.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "Beach boys" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

Our team of commandos will land on a beach using motorboat, during the night before the D-Day invasion. The intelligence gathered informations about a coastal battery, which is aimed at one of the beaches, on which our troops will land tomorrow morning on 6 o'clock. We need to eliminate all the battery crew and return to the motorboat which concludes our mission. Watch out for enemy patrols and machine gun positions. Good luck!

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If you downloaded my mission add-on please give me your feedback. I am waiting your comment. :grin:
Attachments
Beach boys.rar
(580.31 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
data.rar
(556.9 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
models.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 532 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue May 23, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Beach boys - a Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 am

Below i posted 2 images from the "Beach boys" mission add-on.
Attachments
Picture from Beach boys #1.jpg
Picture from Beach boys #1.jpg (34.38 KiB) Viewed 6740 times
Shot 1.jpg
Shot 1.jpg (64.22 KiB) Viewed 6740 times

Bytorr
Private

Unread post by Bytorr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:07 am

Dear p.jakub,

My friends and I played your mission just now and here is our commentary. Our overall score is 4/5.

This is a fun little mission. There is not a lot of difficulty, so it is relaxing. It is enjoyable to scan the horizon for snipers and snipe them. The mission is short, sweet, and to the point. We would have liked to see a little more content, but it was still good, Nice job!

Yours Truly,
Bytorr.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:22 am

Thank You very much for Your feedback! I am glad that You like it. The map is rather small, so i decided to fortify the beach a little more - of course this is no Point du Hoc similarity but still i done the best i could ;). It is a pity that the cannons itself could not be blown up (there is no destroyed model available to use in the editor) so my choice was to simply set the objective to kill the crew. In theory the German defenders should spot the player when he is in the range of the spotlights, but from a certain distance.

If You like You could try my other missions as well. The German and Norwegian campaign are also good in my opinion.