Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm
Weird, all I have in my "missions" folder is "!test".

All the stock H&D Deluxe missions are stored by default inside the missions.dta archive. You will need to unpack it to your main H&D Deluxe directory and then overwrite the default missions with my updated one. Then you will need to delete this particular mission from the missions.dta archive, so the changed mission will appear in the game. Remember to make a backup of the original missions folder first!!!

See the pictures below. Beside the "test" mission, the missions.dta folder contains all H&D Deluxe missions, so campaigns 1-9.
Attachments
H&D Deluxe main directory.JPG
H&D Deluxe main directory.JPG (74.02 KiB) Viewed 21624 times
default mission list.JPG
default mission list.JPG (97.64 KiB) Viewed 21624 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Sadly, double clicking the .dta file opens it in WinRAR, and trying to click-and-drag your folder into the missions folder results in Access Denied.
Attachments
this.JPG
this.JPG (76.15 KiB) Viewed 21616 times
this.JPG
this.JPG (104.04 KiB) Viewed 21616 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Looks like you have either Windows 7 or Windows 10. I am using Windows XP or Windows Vista and i didn't have such problems.

First, unpack your default missions.dta archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory. Then download my mod plus all necessary files. Unpack my missions folder into your main H&D Deluxe directory and replace the stock one (make a backup first). Then open your stock missions.dta archive using Winrar and delete all the missions that have the same name as the ones that i updated. I made those overhauls long time ago and i really don't remember all the things.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:29 pm

It's 7.
I do sometimes wish I could go back to XP, given how it's easier to do things in some ways.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:32 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:29 pm
It's 7.
I do sometimes wish I could go back to XP, given how it's easier to do things in some ways.

I have dual boot with XP :grin: .

So, it seems that one of the file archives uploaded on mediafire was corrupted - i deleted it.

Download the file called "Hidden and Dangerous missions overhaul mod.rar" from mediafire - it contains the missions folder. See picture below.

You will need also to download the data.dta and models.dta archives uploaded in this thread, to get those new missions to work.

I don't know if those edited missions would work with the new modified data.dta archive that i made recently for you.

Those missions were created by me a long time ago - before i even started to create completely new add-ons.
Attachments
Hidden and Dangerous missions overhaul mod.JPG
Hidden and Dangerous missions overhaul mod.JPG (54.57 KiB) Viewed 21610 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Have the link to the one that isn't corrupted?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 pm
Have the link to the one that isn't corrupted?
Here you are: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvu33 ... ul+mod.rar

Unpack the missions folder from the above link to your main H&D Deluxe directory.

You will need also the data.dta and models.dta archives to get this mod to work, because i made changes to those files too.

I also edited the stock missions.dta archive for you, deleting all stock missions inside, so the new ones will work instead. thup01

Unpack the data.rar, models.rar and missions.rar into your H&D Deluxe data folder and replace the stock ones (make backups first!).

Be aware that the modified data.dta, that i have made for you, will be not compatible with those edited stock H&D Deluxe missions!!!

Those missions use different item lists - use the proper data.dta archive instead or strange things will happen!!!
Attachments
missions.rar
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 425 times
models.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 433 times
data.rar
(554.53 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Ah ha!
I think I got it working!

I had to turn off the damn "read-only" option on the archive!

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:55 pm
Ah ha!
I think I got it working!

I had to turn off the damn "read-only" option on the archive!

I strongly recommend to look into my previous post (the one above yours).

If you manage to launch one of those edited missions, please leave here a feedback.

Thank you in advance!

Thorir
Corporal

Unread post by Thorir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi,

Are you planning to upload a complete pack when you've finished all the reworks? Should I see every allied weapons when I select my gear at the begining? Maybe I doing something wrong?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Thorir wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:29 pm
Hi,

Are you planning to upload a complete pack when you've finished all the reworks? Should I see every allied weapons when I select my gear at the begining? Maybe I doing something wrong?

Well, i will think about it, when the project will be finished.

Currently i am making H&D Deluxe missions overhauls for the request of user Myron. However, this is still work in progress!

Look here: https://hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/ ... 27&t=39721

The basis for the modifications was my "Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod", but heavily reworked with bug fixes and other changes.

You will need a specific version of the data.dta archive, to be able to play the modified stock H&D Deluxe missions from the "H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls" thread, as well as some new models with textures that i uploaded there (T-34 tank model in example). Already you have a possibility to select all Allied weapons from inventory from the start, when using my newest data.dta version. I can't guarantee, that this version of the data.dta archive will be the last one, since i could receive some requests from Myron to modify it further.

However, you could already download some of my already modified stock H&D Deluxe missions (marked as a final update) and play them.

Below i uploaded my newest data.dta archive - unpack it to your H&D Deluxe/data directory and overwrite the original file (make a backup first!!!).

For the beginning i suggest to play my modified Italy 1 mission first (uploaded below), because you may not like the changes that i implemented into this mission. Upload the italy1.rar archive into your H&D Deluxe / missions folder and remove this particular mission from the original missions.dta archive (make a backup first!!!), so the game will load the modified mission instead of the original one.

So, my work on the "Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod" is over - go to the "H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls" thread for recent updates of the H&D Deluxe stock missions.

Keep in mind, that my newest modified version of the data.dta archive (21.10.2017 version) could be not compatible with the stock H&D Deluxe missions! There are many differences between the original data.dta archive and my modified version!

If you have any questions regarding my modified H&D Deluxe missions, feel free to ask! thup01
Attachments
italy1.rar
Final update
(777.66 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
data.rar
Newest version from 21.10.2017
(560.99 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

Thorir
Corporal

Unread post by Thorir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Yes, thank you for the fast response! :)

Meanwhile I've downloaded the new maps and tried the included Italy1. It is hard, but very very good! My ultimate goal is to somehow play these upgraded missions with every weapons available.

Probably now I'm acting like a total noob, but it's a little bit hard to catch up with all these awsome stuffs. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Thorir wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm
Yes, thank you for the fast response! :)

Meanwhile I've downloaded the new maps and tried the included Italy1. It is hard, but very very good! My ultimate goal is to somehow play these upgraded missions with every weapons available.

Probably now I'm acting like a total noob, but it's a little bit hard to catch up with all these awsome stuffs. :)

Thank you for the feedback! No problem, i was also a noob when i started modding the H&D Deluxe few years ago - when i saw the HDD editor for the first time i almost cried :grin: .

Those changes were made for the request of the user Myron, he asked me for help. Sincerely, i am not playing H&D Deluxe anymore, but Silent Hunter 4 instead.

As for the available items: some enemy equipment would be not available till the last campaigns (just like in the stock H&D Deluxe).

I tried to avoid radical changes in stock H&D Deluxe missions (no mission objectives changed, etc). I tried also to reduce the number of new models to minimum. For total overhaul you could still try my add-ons - however that is another story.

Unfortunately, the H&D Deluxe has its limitations and the AI isn't the smartest, lol.

For example i wasn't able to implement a silenced firearm (Sten MKII S), because the enemy somehow heard the shooting sound.

As for the AI - they could get stuck into objects (trees, buildings, etc) when patrolling or driving a vehicle and even accidentally shoot their own comrades when they are standing on the line of fire, lol.

Thorir
Corporal

Unread post by Thorir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 pm

https://imgur.com/a/ZqTey

Why are these parts are empty? A guess these gaps are for some weapons like BAR, but I cannot select and put them into the solider's inventory. Am I doing something wrong? :-?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Thorir wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 pm
https://imgur.com/a/ZqTey

Why are these parts are empty? A guess these gaps are for some weapons like BAR, but I cannot select and put them into the solider's inventory. Am I doing something wrong? :-?

Certainly you did something wrong. You need to start a new campaign (or a whole single player mode again) to be able to see the changes in the inventory. I had this problem few times during H&D Deluxe modding.

See picture below (i am using the newest data.dta archive). Notice a Lee Enfield from FFF expansion.
Attachments
inventory list.JPG
inventory list.JPG (98.21 KiB) Viewed 21506 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.