A new addon????

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Wilson
Private

A new addon????

Unread post by Wilson » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:03 am

Hello gamers,

I've been wondering if anyone out there is still playing Deluxe.

I made the "Yugoslavia" addon a while back and it was a lot of work, but also fun.

I did a good bit of work on some other missions, but I never finished them up and put them all together into another addon.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to do map editing like some of the geniuses out there. And I don't have the time like I used to...( I was unemployed back then...)

Anyway, I was just wondering if there is still interest. From time to time I feel like maybe I will finish it up and publish it, but I don't see a lot of new missions appearing. I figured with a world full of gamers there would be many many missions.

Have any of you geniuses figured out how to edit H&D2 yet? I know some guy made a Mafia editor a while ago...

Why O Why didn't they release an editor????

Lars
Commando

A new addon????

Unread post by Lars » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:41 am

Ahh the good old Yugoslavia Addon. One of the best I ever played :) Well for my point I would like to see more of your work. Even it where the original Missions your design have improved them very much.
So please don?t stop editing. For me HD2 coop levels are made in a very bad way if you look at the missiondesign. If they ever release an editor (I hope for an HD2 deluxe version ;) ) it might be worth to edit it ... but without any official help I think HD2 is already dead.

Grenni
Sergeant

A new addon????

Unread post by Grenni » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:54 pm

I can only repeat what Lars said; a great AddOn and very intelligent editing - making completely new missions without changing too much of the origin environment. Great job that was :) and I would definitely like to see more of this ;) .

For my part I am still doing the Hilltop but it's a long and slow process since I also have to "learn to walk" in MaX.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Bighouse
Sergeant

A new addon????

Unread post by Bighouse » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:12 am

I've been "walking" in 3dmax for a while now. Now I want to run and jump and thats hard and time-consuming. I wish I had more time for editing.

I'm thinking of giving the missions to someone. Someone who has time to continue the addon.

Wilson
Private

A new addon????

Unread post by Wilson » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you guys liked Yugoslavia.

The newer missions I've worked on made use of some of the work you guys did in creating models out of objects that were on some of the maps, like buildings. (for example, the boathouse, the snow covered buildings, etc.)

How hard is that to do? Is it a pretty easy job? I'd like to possibly use some other ones...

Some of the maps are pretty tough to reuse for anything.
The lock (Danube 3?), the mine (Germany 3) , the ruins (Greece 3).

Also, do you know how you can create a "map" (the tactical map you get in game)? The instructions say something about it - but I believe that requires 3dmax.

I always thought the Germany 5 mission (with no map) would be great to use for a new mission if someone could edit it and fill in the holes in the map with terrain, and also create a "map" for it as well.

I tried to use the Germany 6 map (the lake), which actually has a large piece of unused terrain attached to it. But the map does not include that terrain, so I gave up.

I know someone made a mission using that Germany 6 map - it was edited some - but I think it still had some holes/impassable areas. I remember seeing it in some addon I downloaded.

I don't know if I'll ever actually finish this stuff, but at the moment it is interesting me again. I'm almost out of usable maps - I'm trying to dream up one final big long difficult mission.

Grenni
Sergeant

A new addon????

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:52 pm

[quote=""Wilson""]...I always thought the Germany 5 mission (with no map) would be great to use for a new mission if someone could edit it and fill in the holes in the map with terrain, and also create a "map" for it as well...[/quote]
Did you not play Normandy? I re-used Germany5 for the first mission and Bighouse was so kind to fill the gaps in the map. Unfortunately that was only accurate enough to use as tactical map - sorry to say that Bighouse :( ;) .
Basically you can just copy the scene.i3d and scene.bin into the map-folder and you have your tactical map if you don't have Max. Just throw out everything not needed (only keep importand models) and save the scene.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Jason
Administrator

A new addon????

Unread post by Jason » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:15 am

Lars wrote: Ahh the good old Yugoslavia Addon. One of the best I ever played Well for my point I would like to see more of your work. Even it where the original Missions your design have improved them very much.
Yeah I agree! :D

You put a new style on the original maps and I would love to play more of your work for sure.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial