CD KEY Error..?

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Romeo6
Private

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Romeo6 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:49 pm

is there a way to disable or bypass this annoying error...and actually get to join a game..? I can host just fine but I can't join any games. This game has done this since I purchased it. I have talked with T2 tech support and did all of the 'possible fixes' listed in various forums and such...it just will not work. Also, I have no router or firewall so that is not an issue. Any thoughts would be helpful. thanks much.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:09 pm

I call it stop using a 28.8 modem and get broadband!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Romeo6
Private

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Romeo6 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:43 am

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]I call it stop using a 28.8 modem and get broadband![/quote]

I'm on a 6mb cable connection asshole. You sound about as smart as the morons I talked to from T2 tech support....was hoping for a serious reply from someone who may have knowledge of this problem.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:34 am

Hahahahahahahahahaha, I live for these responces! A feeling opposite me crying with my penis cut off. :twisted:

Can sum1 please ask him if hes using an old amd/nforce system? Since Im too stupid to figure out how to reply to his post! :oops: :P
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:30 am

Well if you have legal copy of H&D2, there are few possibilities:

1. You have borrowed the game to a friend, and then he is using the CD-key as he was first to play online with it.

2. Your CD-key might be double printed, like there has been two same CD-keys around the world in two diffrent packages.

Sounds odd, but I hope you can find some way to find a way to fix it.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:50 pm

With the keys, he would still be able to play online. Just not at the same time on other severs.

If the guy with the same key created a server, he would be able to play there.

Is he sure its a key error or just thinks it?

To me it sounds like an amd issue, unless hes sure its a cd key error.

Romeo6
Private

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Romeo6 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Yes, it is a cd key error. I should have mentioned that I am able to connect to some servers but, not very often. I usually just get that cd key error. It is not an AMD error nor an nforce error as I have neither. I also have no firewall or router. It has been suggested that the actual problem may lay with gamespy who licenses the games browser....all I know is that this is very frustrating. I actually contacted gamespot where I purchased the game from and they aren't willing to do an exchange because it deals with the games copywright issues and there's actually nothing defective with the game or the disks plus, I am in California and with software, if you install it, that's the end of that.

Lars
Commando

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Lars » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:58 pm

Well if you are able to connect to some servers but somedays not it sounds to me like someone got/use your key. Don?t know if there?s a way arround it with any take2 support

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Sum1 might have stolen your cd key if you havent givin it out.

I recomend getting anuther copy, and then see if it works.

Romeo6
Private

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Romeo6 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:41 pm

Not sure how it's possible to swipe a cd key but I just seen that gamespot has the game for $9.99 so I ordered it. I should be able to still use my original Sabre Squadron disks though right..?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:53 pm

Yes sabre squad will work, it uses your HD key.

Sum1 might have previously owned your copy of the game then returned it, they could have said that they didnt know they needed a CD ROM drive as a guise to return it.

Sum1 at the factory could have copyed it.

Sum1 could have used a cd key generator and hit gold with your cd key.

Lars
Commando

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Lars » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:55 pm

Yes if you don?t have ordered the patched dvd 1.11 version of hd2 you don?t have many problems to use sabre again. You also don?t have to reinstall it ... a search in the regedit at the right place will might fix your problem than

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:22 pm

I think you should tell him exactly how to use the registry editor before he trys sumthign else in there.

Lars
Commando

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Lars » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:33 pm

Well if he know the way how to edit his hexedit than he should do it .. if he don?t he should use the safe way via uninstall / install.

Romeo6
Private

CD KEY Error..?

Unread post by Romeo6 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:46 pm

Ha!..go figure...no sooner do I order a new copy and get shipping confirmation from gamespot and bam!...T2 tech support calls me back(yes, they actually called me on my home phone)they researched a problem that sometimes occurs with the games browser which is related to some sort of packet error and is actually a gamespy problem so, they issued me a new cd key....I SHIT YOU NOT. I had to surrender my old key which they verified as being authentic and the new one has been emailed to me....wow. Also, I dig their English accents....