Bolt-action rifles

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
geosouv
Lieutenant

Bolt-action rifles

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I started yesterday playing SS carnage mode. In the original H&D 2 I chose not to use bolt-action guns at all not even for my squad as I consider them to be very slow. But while playing SS in campaign mode (first playthrough) I actually gave bolt-action rifles another shot and I was excited about the results of their use.

I equipped some of my soldiers with the De Lisle, after I think Jason suggested it is a fine gun, mainly because it is very quiet and uses the .45 caliber which is very lethal. The results were fine in missions I used it. My soldiers were accurate with this rifle despite its low rate of fire. After equipping my squad with the De Lisle, I started using the Kar98k rifle by stealing it from fallen Germans. I had used this rifle in H&D 2 but contextually. The reason I used it in SS was simply because I had no ammunition for my scoped Springfield/Lee-Enfield.

But, overall I found out that the Kar98k has a lot of advantages over the M1 Garand. The M1 Garand has less firepower in this game and it is far less accurate than the Kar98k. Many times I shot at an enemy who was nearby with the M1 Garand and it took me 2-3 shots to kill him, while every shot I made with the Kar98k was lethal, provided it was a good shot.

I have never used the Springfield or the Lee-Enfield rifle without a scope. Are these guns well designed? Both their iron sights and the models? Can anyone send me screenshots of these guns? Is the Lee-Enfield more accurate or lethal than the Kar98k? Is it worth using the Lee-Enfield instead of the Kar98k?
Last edited by geosouv on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Bolt-action guns

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm

George, check your PMs. I sent you a zip with the iron sights for the bolt-action rifles. thup01

Edit: Also sent a zip with "models." George just wanted a first-person view of the soldier holding his weapon.
Last edited by Duke0196 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Re: Bolt-action rifles

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Congratulations Duke, you are now Captain! You reached 200 posts!
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:16 pm

¿So do I get a pay raise with my promotion? :lol: :?: Promotions usually meant more work. :sad:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 am

And pay rises never seem to match the new amount of work/responsibility :sad:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Jason wrote:And pay rises never seem to match the new amount of work/responsibility :sad:
You got that right. :!: