Anywhere to play good multiplayer?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Daniel
Lieutenant

Anywhere to play good multiplayer?

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:54 am

Multiplayer in h&d could be really good, just needs tweaking.

I was playing today (i think uncle vadim was there?) and everyone was using grenades willy nilly, circle strafing nand running / dancing around with the german assault rifle, killing inifntary 1 foot away with tank shells and generally playing in a twatish manner. The worst thing was the spawn raping.

The thing is, I like to play in a stealthy manner, hence why i normally go allies with de lisle, but this just gets ruined sometimes by people playing like above, and it seems to spoil the game.

Also, there are a lot of balancing issues with guns and different sides not having equivelents, too many automatics than realistic etc, and much too mhigh movement speed, which allows circle strafing and stuff.

What do you think? It could have been oh so good with a few things sorted out - though I admit it is really hard to fix properly and since we won't be getting it patched any more, there isn't much we can do? :(

Cheers, Daniel

Grimples
Major

Re: Anywhere to play good multiplayer?

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:23 pm

Have a look here: http://wckusa.com

You could run your own server. Learn to edit the mpmaplist & remove the items you don't want in your game. I will help you. Like you, i prefer the stealthy approach also.

Grim

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:43 pm

My connection's too crap to run my own server :( - it's 1m bit, so like download speed is around 120kbs, which is okay, but upload speed is only something like 10 to 12 kbps. Also, I share the connection with my whole family, and use a wireless router which i still don't trust fully - even playing some games i get lag spikes, though i think it might be fixed now, i'm not sure. Still, I can't really host any reasonable game myself because of that, sorry :(

I'd be interested in that site though :) Or what do you think we should do?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 pm

I think you need to upgrade your internet connection... no_02

Get a dedicated line to your pc... no_01

And play on my server... nods01
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: