Where can I buy Sabre Squadron

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:16 pm

I can't find any store, etc., here in the USA where I can buy H&D Sabre Squadron. Does anyone on the forum know where this game can be purchased? I'm playing H&D2 and am buying H&D Deluxe; and would like to get Sabre Squadron. Thanks in advance.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:56 am

and am buying H&D Deluxe
In case you did not know, you can download it nowdays for free from net but in some cases, it is beter to have them on shelves.

Have you tried internet shops? Like e-bay, amazon.com etc?

Have you asked about the local stores owners that are they getting anymore of those etc?
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:26 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]
and am buying H&D Deluxe
In case you did not know, you can download it nowdays for free from net but in some cases, it is beter to have them on shelves.

Have you asked about the local stores owners that are they getting anymore of those etc?[/quote]

Thanks for your message Oldih: Too late I found out about the free download. Earlier I found an outlet here in the USA and it should be here early next week. I also tried to find Sabre Squadron and it just doesn't exist in the USA. There's a copy available in the UK but the seller has restricted the sale to the UK only unless he grants an exemption, which I have asked him to do. I'm really impressed with H&D2 and assume the original and Sabre Squadron are as good, hopefullly. Thanks again for your interest.
pukey123

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Seems like your finding HnD2 kinda difficult, well, SabreSquadren is gonna be impossible for you.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:21 pm

Seems like your finding HnD2 kinda difficult, well, SabreSquadren is gonna be impossible for you.
Well I found original H&D2 hell of a hard first time til I realized how to get things going.

Same applies for most of games, they may be damm hard til you realize how things goes on.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:10 pm

[quote=""Grimples""]Seems like your finding HnD2 kinda difficult, well, SabreSquadren is gonna be impossible for you.[/quote]

If this message was meant for me rather than Oldih I can assure you the game is for me - as well as anybody who is looking for a challenge. I am enjoying H&D 2 and am in the process of buying H&D Deluxe; and hope to find and buy a copy of H&D Sabre Squadron. Why? Because I'm having a grand time playing H&D 2.
All the best from:
pukey
pukey123

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:42 am

I was meant for pukey, no offence meant.

oldih: Your right in what you say, most games are hard til you get the hang of things, but i find the SS missions a tad bit harder than the HnD2 missions.

Played HnD2 (again) a few weeks ago & then SS again. Decided i would try playing HnD2 again (jeez, what a life) using more than one man, & dam it is bloody hard trying to get those silly buggers to do what you want em to. The game is easier with just one fella. But am enjoying the challenge, made the way i play the game so different.

pukey, i ask again, what level you playing on?

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:48 pm

[quote=""Grimples""]
I was meant for pukey, no offence meant.

oldih: Your right in what you say, most games are hard til you get the hang of things, but i find the SS missions a tad bit harder than the HnD2 missions.

Played HnD2 (again) a few weeks ago & then SS again. Decided i would try playing HnD2 again (jeez, what a life) using more than one man, & dam it is bloody hard trying to get those silly buggers to do what you want em to. The game is easier with just one fella. But am enjoying the challenge, made the way i play the game so different.

pukey, i ask again, what level you playing on?[/quote]

Sorry, I missed your question. I'm playing "Normal". pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:52 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]
and am buying H&D Deluxe

Have you asked about the local stores owners that are they getting anymore of those etc?[/quote]

Hello Oldih: Last night I downloaded H&D Deluxe. I'm on cable and it still took about 1 1/2 hours. Unfortunately the download is corrupt somehow. When I try to start the game it won't advance to the game itself. Keeps asking for either my profile or do I want to quit. Anyway, I have the game coming in the mail and it should arrive early next week. Thanks for your comments. On H&D2 I conveyed my thanks on getting aboard the Olaf and now am ready to clean house of those Germans. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Are you running Windows XP?

Run the game in windows comatibility mode for Win 98...

Right click on the shortcut, click Properties, click on the Compatibility tab...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:16 pm

Eh, do you mean the game profile for H&D Deluxe? If so, just create one.

I have no problems running Deluxe on Win XP.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:12 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]Eh, do you mean the game profile for H&D Deluxe? If so, just create one.

I have no problems running Deluxe on Win XP.[/quote]

I can create the profile, name and game difficulty, once in a while. I have to constantly punch either or both the Escape or Enter key. Even after I do select a name and game difficulty the game will not start. While I will keep trying I'll receive the game in the mail early next week disks and all. But, once again I appreciate your willingness to help, along with ViTaMiHnM203.
pukey
pukey123

Swissy
Private

Re: Where can I buy Sabre Squadron

Unread post by Swissy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:39 am

[quote=""pukey123""]I can't find any store, etc., here in the USA where I can buy H&D Sabre Squadron. Does anyone on the forum know where this game can be purchased? I'm playing H&D2 and am buying H&D Deluxe; and would like to get Sabre Squadron. Thanks in advance.
pukey[/quote]

I have bought 3 copies from EBay and sent 2 sets to friends. Both HD2 and SS combined with shipping cost me about $16 each time!

pukey123
Lieutenant

Re: Where can I buy Sabre Squadron

Unread post by pukey123 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:31 pm

[quote=""Swissy""][quote=""pukey123""]I can't find any store, etc., here in the USA where I can buy H&D Sabre Squadron. Does anyone on the forum know where this game can be purchased? I'm playing H&D2 and am buying H&D Deluxe; and would like to get Sabre Squadron. Thanks in advance.
pukey[/quote]

I have bought 3 copies from EBay and sent 2 sets to friends. Both HD2 and SS combined with shipping cost me about $16 each time![/quote]

Thanks Swissy: I have checked EBay and Amazon daily; so far nothing. But, you have given me hope so I'll keep trying. Thanks again and all the best.
pukey
pukey123

Swissy
Private

Unread post by Swissy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:53 am

this is the Ebay user I got mine from (3 sets) http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-CD-ROM-and-Stuff

My brother got a set as well... all about 2-4 months ago