Another new gametype...PARTISAN WARFARE, read the rules here

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
frauhelga
Corporal

Unread post by frauhelga » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:10 pm

Partisan Warfare RULES:

In a small village in Czechoslowakia a small German unit is waiting for orders to leave, they know the Allies are on their way.
Luckily this village has been nice and quiet since the day it was occupied by the Germans, the locals dont care much about politics and know the war is almost over, so why take any risks?
For years live in this town was almost like there was no war going on, except of course for the Germans setting up a Headquarters in one of the houses.
The Germans felt safe here and are calmly waiting for their marching orders...nothing will happen till they leave...or...

The Germans are wrong of course, behind their backs the locals have been stealing their ammunition, sabotaging telephone lines, etc.
Now that their liberation is so near, some of them have decided not to let these Krauts leave...

Partisan Warfare games add something completely new to your H&D online experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Germans

Once the game starts the Germans are simply in their HQ, not being bothered, having a smoke, chatting, waiting for their orders.
There should be 1 officer, this person is in charge, his orders will be followed at all time.
In the village the local people live, as far as the Germans know, ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT CIVILIANS!
If a German encounters a civilian, he can ignore them, send them away or stop them and check their papers.
EACH civilian should have his papers with him, they are the documents in their inventory.
Stop a civilian, ask him for his paperwork and then let them walk on.
Shooting innocent civilians on the spot is not allowed!
Its stupid!
Some of these civilians may be on your side, or at least stay out of the way and let you leave for home, shooting them might get the whole local population against you!
So dont.
Thats really all the Germans do at this time, walk about, go for a drive, have a chat with the locals, just killing time...not people.

If you are a civilian you can choose 1 of 3 ways of playing this game;

1.You are just a average Joe, neutral, you dont care about politics, dont like the germans or partisans, just want to survive this war.
2.Your a collaborator, you have had a good life during the German occupation, you like them and you know they pay people well for the right information...
3.Your a partisan, youve always hated those nazi pigs and cant wait to kill the lot, especially the officer.

1.Neutral civilian.
All you do is pretend to have a life, walk about, go shopping, listen to the radio, have a chat with your neighbour.
Is more fun then it sounds!
2.Collaborator.
For you the game is sneaky, you want to help the Germans and betray your fellow countrymen but try and do this without them finding out...there is only one punishment for traitors...
If you know where the Partisans are, or where they have placed mines or perhaps that they are planning an attack...you contact the Germans, you can ask soldiers to follow you, this way your fellow countrymen wont know about it trough the teamchat, just use voicecommands on the keypad.
Show the Germans what you found, lead them to the Partisans and await your reward!
But...if your countrymen find out what game your playing...you better hope the Germans trust you well ennough to let you hide inside their compound!
3.Partisan
Partisans will try and act like neutral civilians as long as they can, they have little ammo and not so good weapons so they must plan their attacks well!
Try and kill lone soldiers to take their weapons, boobytrap doors and cars, ambush the enemy!
DONT simply attack their HQ, its stupid and it makes this game just like all other games.
Use tactics and your brains, not just your guns.
Make sure you have the right paperwork and make sure the Germans dont spot you with a weapon or explosives...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Germans can use a few tactics to make life easier for themself, they should not use these possibilities right away but can use them as often as they want, especially after a Partisan attack.
1.They can set a cerfew.
The officer shouts on gamespeak; There is now a cerfew in place, all civilians leave the streets.
Anyone outside will be arrested, and if the Germans have been under Partisan attack they may be a bit trigger happy...
2.They can ban all weapons.
Before the partisan attacks civilians were allowed to carry a old rifle now and then, just for hunting.
But after partisan attacks the German officer in charge can announce that from now on any civilian with a gun will be shot upon.
3.Out of bounds areas
If the Germans get a bit scared and see partisans all over the place, they can decide a certain area is out of bounds to the general public.
For instance the street in front of their HQ, anyone there can then be arrested, shot upon, etc.

The rules are online;
www.pow.4ever.cc

Jackass
Lieutenant

Unread post by Jackass » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:18 pm

Taken from the Czech4 and Czech5 cooperative huh? :)

Looks nice.
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:27 pm

its a objective game, not a coop

?NR? crusti
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:11 am

Would be cool if you could add AI to the map though, have lots of civilians wondering about.

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:24 pm

I hope not everyone has to wear those pilot uniforms, they're a bit out of place in a Czech village in summer. Enable the French Resistance Fighter uniform, it works and it looks more like plain civilian clothes. I used that as me and Creeping Death played Czech4 co-op as the Czech resistance, using shotguns. On very hard with no-respawn, we never really got close to completing it.

It would also be better if the germans swapped their base for the allied base, it's a much more formidable base to attack. The Axis aren't allowed to take any spawns, but the civilians are. Limit the uniform choice for the axis and the allies, so everyone looks the same - it should only be the regular Wehrmacht uniform (the dark grey one) and an officer uniform for the officer. You could also have an SS version but that wouldn't be so much fun. Shouldn't be any MP44s available in regular Wehrmacht mode, there's no way a guard contingent in a small village is going to have the latest, rarest weapon. If it's the SS, they should be able to have MP44s. Partisan weapon choice should be limited to a shotgun and a knife at the start. No allied weapons certainly, shouldn't be any russian weapons either though you could be a bit more flexible there.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

frauhelga
Corporal

Unread post by frauhelga » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:39 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]I hope not everyone has to wear those pilot uniforms, they're a bit out of place in a Czech village in summer. Enable the French Resistance Fighter uniform, it works and it looks more like plain civilian clothes. I used that as me and Creeping Death played Czech4 co-op as the Czech resistance, using shotguns. On very hard with no-respawn, we never really got close to completing it.[/quote]

We now got that civilian kit working, the grey suits, looks much better!
If anyone knows of anymore civilian kit we could use...especially womens clothes...let us know!
It would also be better if the germans swapped their base for the allied base, it's a much more formidable base to attack.
Yes I agree, we talked about that last night.
Crusti is the uber-map-maker so I hope that is something he can have a look at.
The Axis aren't allowed to take any spawns, but the civilians are.
Im not sure about that, I dont want the game to end in a massive attack on the german HQ all the time.
By not giving anyone flags you force them to be a bit more carefull with their lifes, afterall were all lazy and dont want to walk ;)
Limit the uniform choice for the axis and the allies, so everyone looks the same - it should only be the regular Wehrmacht uniform (the dark grey one) and an officer uniform for the officer. You could also have an SS version but that wouldn't be so much fun. Shouldn't be any MP44s available in regular Wehrmacht mode, there's no way a guard contingent in a small village is going to have the latest, rarest weapon. If it's the SS, they should be able to have MP44s.
I think the only kit available to the allies should be the civilian kit, no allies.
Alhough perhaps we can try a escape line scenario once with a raf chap.
I think the axis units should be werhmacht and Kettenhunden, Gendarmerie, the German Military Police.
They are the ones with the metal plates attached to their necks by a chain and who often manned checkpoints.
I agree about the mp44.
Partisan weapon choice should be limited to a shotgun and a knife at the start.
I disagree, the shotgun would be great if it would be authentic, thus only deadly at close range.
In the game the shotgun is almost like super weapon.
So only the most basic crappy rifle and some handguns, of course LOTS of explosives!
No allied weapons certainly, shouldn't be any russian weapons either though you could be a bit more flexible there.
Best thing would be to let the civilians have a choice of German weapons only, as those would be around after attacks anyway.
Allied old guns, like the enfield and the revolver would are fine as well, afterall those guns would have been available before the war, not much but they were there.
Also allied handguns were often used by police and armies in Europe before the war and when the Germans came many of these weapons were hidden.

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:13 pm

Good news about the civilian kit, enable the French resistance kit too just for a bit of variety! Though it is a bit ugly.

The shotgun isn't an uber weapon, especially if you take off the crosshair. The sights are hard to use. Anyway, it's not that powerful at range, and remember it's not using buckshot so the range shouldn't be that short. I don't think Czech villagers would get their hands on Enfield rifles somehow...
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:30 pm

Well if they were being supplied by the allies they would get enfields. I think they should have moisins too for a bit of variety (and because I prefer it to the enfield). Everything else I agree with.
What I would really like is to give the germans an armoured vehicle of some sort (eg a puma) so they have massively overwelming firepower. A motorbike would be cool too. I'd like to be able to add barracades & MG nests to make road blocks, so you could have proper defences around the german HQ. Also I wish we could get rid of the ammo boxes and have extra ammo delivered by truck to the german HQ which the partisans could ambush & capture for themselves- but now i'm dreaming.

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Tue May 03, 2005 5:18 pm

lardass, youre not dreaming

i am hoping to take most of the weapons out of the mpmaplist and put them in ammo boxes, it will give more control on the amout and type of weapons , and so then they could be airdropped in :D
(possibly with a timer, at random places, but not on roofs )

and also used/borrowed/stolen the tanks mod made by victor, that gives a puma, bike , tiger and kubel
im learning/trying to edit it, so we can have the little citreon (from burgandy coop) for the civillians to use, and for axis kubel ,puma and truck, but all at the axis spawn point, maybe even add some more vehicles

the machine gun placement, the best i can do at the moment is move it to the outside of the church, apart from that i dont have a clue, but maybe in the future

some people have also been asking to use the single player map, im not to bothered about it so i havent looked yet,

And the czech5_mp_zone map, will be used sometimes,(helga has it) so cerfew untill the morning LOL

Anymore suggestions anybody??

?NR? crusti

ps if anybody can offer any tips on editing id be grateful
PPs Dont forget to look at "www.pow.2hell.com" to check the rules and for the password to enter these games
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Wed May 04, 2005 9:44 am

Took you long enough to reply! :lol: Sounds great, i'm looking forward to it. 8) Wespe seems to have got the Citreon working on Czech 4, just not with the right sounds- pics on our forum.
I'm intreged by the random boxes, will they just fall where the boxes normally do at random at a certain time or will they literally fall anywhere? Could be a bit hazardous, I don't want to get squished or crash into one in a car! :shock: :lol:
I'm having a hard time remember what I have & haven't suggested already. :roll: Did i mention I think it should be the moisin not the enfield. :wink: :D

What exactly are you going to have in each box and how many boxes will there be? Please say you're removing the grenades though! It should be 1 each for the partisans, 2 for the germans IMO, no more.
In boxes I suggest moisins, FA kits & AT mines or stickies for allies & K98s, FA kits and perhaps grenades or ZB26s for the axis. Only 1 ammo box in the whole map- at or near axis HQ and the allies only get 1 or 2 spare mags for their guns so they have to make each shot count. Axis should get the same as now. I'm sure i've posted this somewhere before but I can't remember. :roll:

Would be good if you could enable the long grass like on Vickers's map too- good for hiding. :)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri May 13, 2005 10:02 am

Why not just give the Germans standard issue?

I started doing that on my server, no 1 complains.

I give issue plus 2.

MP40 - 8
MP44 - 8
K98 - 12
G43 - 7
P08 - 1
M24 - 3

I give plus 2 becuz I feel they should be able to find 2 extra magazines and stuff them in there clothes. :)

For the K98 issue was 12, but in game they have a moddified pouch with only 2 pockets! So they would carry 10 plus the 2 in there clothes.

G43 issue was 2 magazines and 6 K98 striper clips. So I turned that into 5 magazines. Had to compromise. :(

I dont know the issue for the ZB26, I only have it enabled on 1 map, and thats where I have russians enabled and I only allow 4 mags becuz hes wearing MP40 pouches. The MG26 was only issued to SS and Felders during Op Barb.

I dont give a plus 2 on the pistol. Just the 1 mag carried on the holster.

Oh, and the M24s. 2 on your belt and 1 in your boot. Not every1 has to take 3. :)
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

frauhelga
Corporal

Re: Another new gametype...PARTISAN WARFARE, read the rules here

Unread post by frauhelga » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:20 pm

well weve just (today) released the new version!
2 maps, zchech4 and the small trainstation.
Also the ingame map has been altered, you can no longer see the VIP on the map or any of the objects that show up as a !.
The station map is extra cool, you can blow up tracks and train, there is a weapons depot the germans have to guard and there are lots of civilian clothes, even for the germans!!
Whoohoo!!

www.pow.2hell.com