WW2 Movies, Docos, soon on Aussie TV

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Downunderjock
Private

WW2 Movies, Docos, soon on Aussie TV

Unread post by Downunderjock » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 am

During this week, leading up to ANZAC Day 25/04/2014 in Australia.
We pay our respects, to those who did not return home from all conflicts, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and current conflicts the world over.
We also never forget our NZ friends and other good friends, of other countries, who fought with us, either.
For some, we even respect those, who were once our foe's. In a manner of speaking.
This day is considered, a special Public Holiday, to reflect on the memory of those who didn't return, and even those who did. (their pain, is just as great, as those who lost loved ones.)

Also during this week our various TV stations, here in Australia, there will be not just the ANZAC march, for each Capital city, on TV.

But, a number of TV Doco's/ Movies: Mainly Australian, which is good to see.

Some from our ABC 1 Station: just gone last week, "Sisters of War"
True story of a Army nurse and a Nun, in PNG. Who survived the Japanese, at the time.
(I believe you, could resee it, on their website.)

Plus the ABC will have a number of shows, relating to other aspects of WW1, WW2, etc:

"The Telegram Man" ABC1 25 Apr 3:00pm (Australian Time zone.)
(This might give you an insight, into their sad duty. I for one would not have liked that job, during both WW1 and WW2. Imagine, how it must have affected them, let alone the families, they had to deliver to.)

"Parer's War" ABC1 27 Apr 8:30pm (ATZ)

This is about the famous Australian Jurno/ photographer, Damien Parer, who fell in PNG? One among many great War news people.

Among others, shows this week.

For SBS TV:

"Kokoda" SBSHD 26 Apr 8:30pm (ATZ)

Among others, shows this week, on their station.

I think our Ch7, Ch9 and Ch10 are possibly doing something, too??

And let's not forget some of the great Aussie and NZ movies, TV and TV Docos over the years, in relation to War time, issues.

Gallipoli

Beneath Hill 60

ANZACs

Just to name, a few, among many.

As for your interest in WW2 movies try:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_films

WW1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_films

Not, just Australian.

Australia Docos, TV series:

Changi, for starters.

Among many others, past and present.

Oh, for British, "Colditz", "The Wooden Horse", "The man who never was" and others. Movies, TV series and Docos.

Hope, those about, is of interest to you all.

So, if any of you find any of this worthy, to pass on to others, not just of this site/ net. But of other sites, nets etc.

Then, by all means, you are welcome.

As long as it doesn't show my email address, and doesn't offend anyone.

See Ya.

PS to those of other Countries, on this site. May you and many on the 25 April 2014 and beyond.

Think about we Australians and New Zealanders, for the many who fought and died. (and those who came home, too.)

And for some, of you we too, became your friend.

"Lest We Forget"